15 SEO myths may give you laughter!

15 SEO myths may give you laughter!

SEO myths

27
15 SEO myths

Dropping a penny off a building could be fatal to someone standing in the street.

Ah! What?! Is it that a penny is so powerful that it could end a person's life? Is the person weak and unable to bear the weight of a penny?

This is among the common myths that you may have heard. Similar to the SEO world, many legends are being circulated even these days, and they do not fall within an exact logic, nor are they proven to be true.

You could have the opportunity to be an SEO consultant for B2B or B2C brands or any business that is focused on achieving an improved SEO position, or an SEO blogger, or some other name that is associated with SEO. Whatever the case, it is essential to know what SEO techniques you could do and which ones you should not do.

As a leading SEO Company in India, we collected the SEO myths we believe absurd. The stories in this blog aren't only random, and the SEO team has analyzed them thoroughly.

With no delay, Let's dive into the blog.

Debunking the Myths about SEO

First, we'll ask you a question? What do you think you know when you hear the word 'SEO'?

We are all aware of the abbreviation for search engine Optimization. Simply put, it's the process of creating your website using elements and features to achieve greater visibility on the web for search terms that are relevant to your site.

When we talk about SEO, we mean your website's design, development, and digital marketing. Confusing, right? Let us explain.

There's a widespread belief that if you make a site, it will be able to appear on the internet, but there's no way to do that. Without the help of our loved SEO, the cherished SEO placing your website on the web can be a matter of pigs flying.

To manage SEO with ease, it is essential to know the details of the ranking algorithms, updates, and guidelines. Many misunderstand them and create specific SEO strategies that are thought to be untrue or myths.

Popular SEO Myths

When you read some of the SEO misconceptions, you'll have an idea of,

Ranking elements that are currently being used

The areas to be focused on increasing visibility

Eliminating the old parts in SEO on your site

Improvising your SEO performance

Here, we've laid out some myths in the SEO industry that you must avoid from 2022 onwards and into the future.

SEO requires a one-time installation

SEO requires regular maintenance. If you follow a method and expect to see the results within a few days, this would be as if you were to go on a diet and hope to lose the weight of a pound. Is it possible? Absolutely, no. Dieting is a routine habit, and even more so, SEO is a different matter.

Create a new site, and you'll be in the top spot.

Websites upgraded with the latest elements, themes, plugins, animations, and routine maintenance have a greater chance of achieving SEO ranking.

A consultation with an agency will put you in the top 3 positions on SERP.

This isn't the case. If you partner with an experienced SEO expert, the chances are high that you will get better rankings for your website on search engines.

Keywords used in multiple ways will lead you to the first spot in SERP.

Keyword stuffing is among the methods that search engines dislike. Instead, use keywords naturally.

Maintaining your social media activity, stop all organic web traffic.

A recent Oberlo 2021 statistic states it has 3.78B+ social media users across the globe. Therefore, having a visible and active presence on social media is a great way to increase the number of users.

The research of keywords isn't all that vital.

The mistake of not doing keyword research is the worst thing you could do. Most people use long-term searches with a maximum of three words to locate specific information.

One of the main reasons you try longer-tail keyword phrases is that they include short-tail terms, which serve two purposes, you are placed in the top rankings for short-tail and long-tail keywords.

More links are much better than having high-quality content.

The quality of the links is essentially more than their quantity. Unnecessarily placing many low-quality/no-quality links just for ranking is not advisable.

Local SEO doesn't matter.

Local SEO can be very effective in creating a divide between your local audience from the global, and it is primarily geared toward the requirements of residents. This is why local SEO services are a vital method to narrow down your market, and this is something you must never ignore.

It does not require optimization of images to improve SEO

If you don't optimize your ideas in the first place, it affects the speed of your website, which is sure to involve your user's engagement and UX and, therefore, your SEO rankings.

XML sitemap doesn't boost your ranking

Before indexing, XML sitemaps aid search engines such as Google and Bing in comprehending your website's content. Furthermore, when you display your sitemap alongside dates, you're consciously communicating the new information to search engines.

It is an SEO ranking factor that can't be considered a fact.

Guest posting can be a fool's game.

Guest posting can be an effective and win-win digital marketing technique. Advertise your promotional material on other websites and earn backlinks. And Let others upload their promotional materials to your website.

You can increase brand recognition, expand your fan base, and improve your brand's authority. Search engines such as Google would appreciate your brand if highly trusted websites included backlinks to your website or if they find other legitimate links.

You must implement keyword stuffing if you are trying to rank for a specific phrase.

Keywords stuffing is a lousy technique that search engines dislike. You must use keywords and make sure you don't pile keywords to get them to rank higher. If you intend, that matters.

Begin by writing the content. As you register with the flow, you'll learn how to use keywords naturally and shouldn't exceed the keyword density.

Use this formula to determine how much keyword density.

Keyword Density (KD) = (Keyword Appearances / Total Words) * 100

By restricting the titles of your SEO pages by 60 characters, you will increase your SEO rank.

Search engines such as Google do not recommend a specific duration for the title tag. The best results from the SERPs SEO experts stick to the 60-70 character limit.

This doesn't mean that you'll receive the top-ranking position even if you only use 60 characters, and it's just a way to improve the accessibility of your readers.

Posting content often will place you at the top.

When you update your website by adding articles such as blogs, newsletters or a new page, and other things, there is the chance to be seen by robots that search for information.

It doesn't necessarily mean that if you constantly update your material that contains many keywords and inbound and outbound links, you'll be able to achieve the top spot in the SERPs. But in reality, it would be considered an illegal SEO technique, and you'll be penalized.

Both consistency and quality are essential for SEO.

Mobile SEO

Nowadays, many users use mobile devices, and search engines constantly strive to provide the most optimal results to their customers. So, mobile-friendly websites are a magnet for search engine bots and will be indexed in results.

The reigning king of the world of search engines, Google, clearly explains how to provide the best experience to your users with a mobile-friendly website. To get a page speed analysis of your website, you can contact the leading SEO services company in Delhi.

Wrapping Up Our SEO Myths

We hope we've fulfilled our aim of bringing the most recent SEO misconceptions to light. There's no need to follow only these due to the ever-changing algorithms of search engines, and the myths are listed, eliminated, or become obsolete.

However, it's a thumb principle that you must be aware of changes. Searching for the latest algorithm changes and altering your SEO techniques in conjunction with your primary actions may seem daunting.

The best option is to look for an expert SEO agency that can stop your site from getting sucked into the latest or outdated misconceptions.