15 Reasons You Should Go To Disneyland

15 Reasons You Should Go To Disneyland

For starters, it's the happiest place on Earth

8516
15 Reasons You Should Go To Disneyland
pursuititist

We all went to Disney as little kids and we all have semi-wonderful memories of princesses and pirates and Peter Pan and tea cups. But when was the last time you stood on Main Street and soaked it all in? When was the last time you ate ice cream in the shape of Mickey Mouse while you waited to meet Chewbacca? Disneyland was fun when you were a kid and the best part is it's just as great now! Here're 15 reasons why:

1. The Atmosphere Is Magical.

It can't be explained, it's just something you feel.

2. It's Incredibly Inspirational.

Being surrounded by something that brings happiness to millions and has been doing so for 60 years brings on all kinds of artistic inspiration.

3. You can eat ice cream in the shape of Mickey Mouse while you wait to meet Chewbacca.

What more could you ask for?

4. The rides.

Some of them get boring and some of them are a blast but you can't deny that the magic is there and they're so cool!

5. The fireworks.

Walt Disney said that he wanted the firework shows to be "a special kiss goodnight," and I cannot think of a better way to describe the nightly performance.

6. Everyone is nice, always.

The people who work there are hands-down incredible and everyone is amazing at their job.

7. Live action shows.

I've been to Disney a few times and some of my favorite memories are seeing both Aladdin and Frozen at The Hyperion Theatre. The technology they use and the acting is so amazing!

8. You remember that everyone is a little bit young at heart.

Including yourself, don't lie. You'd get excited if you saw your favorite Disney Princess strolling casually down the street.

9. Basically anything can be bought in Mickey Mouse shapes.

Mickey is just the coolest.

10. You get to see little kids experiencing the same joy you used to feel.

The amount of little kids that I saw who were screaming things like "Mommy! I get to see Mickey Mouse today!" out of pure giddiness just warmed every ounce of my heart.

11. Everything else just kind of disappears.

Once you go through those gates you just get to experience happiness. Nothing else really matters.

12. You can meet Princesses.

Well, and basically everyone else from your favorite childhood movies. Of course, now you know that they're just people in a costume but it doesn't matter because as I mentioned in number eight you are a tiny bit young at heart.

13. It's the only socially acceptable place to wear Mickey ears.

You didn't even know you wanted to until you're doing it.

14. Dole Whips.

You have not lived until you've had one. That's all I'll say about it.

15. It's the happiest place on Earth.

Why wouldn't you want to be there?

Whether it's the fireworks, the characters or, let's be honest, the dole whips, a trip to the happiest place on Earth only gets better with age.