15 Reasons Why 'Full House' Was The Best Show Ever Created

The Tanners were your family too.

2650
Theodysseyonline.com

The 90s was a decade known by many for its classic family sitcoms. To name a few, there was "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air," "Everybody loves Raymond," "Friends," "Seinfeld," and "The Nanny." What I failed to mention in this list is perhaps the most important of all: "Full House." Now, many people may question the validity of that statement by naming another show that was somehow dubbed "more influential," but the evidence saying that "Full House" takes the cake is irrefutable.

1. Uncle Jesse

HAVE MERCY! Uncle Jesse was definitely my first crush. John Stamos is easily one of the most attractive men ever to exist on this earth and we were all blessed with his presence on the show. I really don't think any further explanation is needed for that.

2. The life lessons (with sad music)

One of the things that makes "Full House" stand out to viewers is that there is a lesson in every episode. They make each one meaningful and they keep it entertaining, which is something that many sitcoms fail to deliver on when they're trying to work a message in. Yes, we all know the classic sad music every time Danny, Joey, or Jesse begin to have a nice talk about the situation at hand, but it never hurts the comedic quality of the show (and I know you can all hear it in your head now...you're welcome).

3. Love stories

The various love stories make this show interesting. Each character is different in terms of where they are in relationships, so there's an excellent mix of scenarios, which makes a ton of room for funny situations!

4. The catch phrases

"Full House" would be nothing without the characters' catch phrases (well, yes it would, but it wouldn't be the same by any means). I frequently finding myself quoting Stephanie's "How RUDE!" and Joey's "cut it out," but Jesse's "have mercy" takes the cake for obvious reasons. Some other honorable mentions include, but are not limited to: "You got it, dude," "well, pin a rose on your nose," and "freeze, nerd-bombers!"

5. The theme song

"Everywhere you look..."

At least now you don't have the sad music stuck in your head anymore! If you can't sing along with this song, you need to reevaluate your life.

6. Subtle adult humor

The writers on this show definitely had fun with it because as you watch this as an adult, there's a light dusting of adult references over this family-friendly classic.

7. The girls' crazy antics

These girls always find themselves in situations that you know you'd never be in, yet they seem extremely relatable, which is exactly why we love them.

8. Heck, the GUYS' crazy antics.

There are way too many of these to put them in this article, but Danny, Joey, and Jesse could never quite figure out how to be low key.

9. DJ's man struggles

I know, we were all Team Steve, but never fear! He's back in "Fuller House"! Steve was the rock DJ needed because even in her early years, she was known to have struggles with her relationships (or lack thereof at times). Never forget Viper, Nelson, Steve, and Kevin (her first kiss, of course). In my opinion, she's probably the most relatable character on this show.

10. Jesse's Elvis obsession

Jesse could get his lip to curl just right when he uttered the famous, "thank you very much." Jesse, we thank you for being the most devoted Elvis fan ever. We will never forget the tour of Hawaii from the Elvis films.

11. Danny's OCD

Remember in the early seasons of the show when Danny, Jesse, and Joey danced to "I Feel Good" and cleaned the house? Danny's enthusiasm for the eradication of germs and allergens from his home never ceased throughout the duration of the show, except for that horrific day when he became anti-Danny and made himself as dirty as possible. Danny, we love your intense OCD.

12. Steve's appetite

Steve is all of us. I'm glad all of Danny's waffles don't taste like roofing tiles, or he may not have even dated DJ.

13. Joey's ever-changing professional status

We know Joey went to college, but we'll never know what for because his jobs were always different, mostly involving creativity and comedy. Between advertising with Jesse, Vegas comedy shows, Mr. Egghead, Ranger Joe (with trusty sidekick, Mr. Woodchuck), and everything in between, Joey was undoubtably a busy guy.

14. Put your shoes on, Gibbler.

Oh, Kimmy. We can't possibly forget this neighbor from hell, aka DJ's best friend who loved to let her feet loose even though they could clear a whole room.

15. You feel like the Tanners are part of your family.

At the end of the day, the Tanners weren't just a family on TV, they were your family because you grew up with them and you loved them like they were your own.