The 15 Best Aca-Moments In "Pitch Perfect"

With the release of the third movie filling our heads with new one-liners, it's time to remember the iconic moments from the past.

633
flickr

Pitch Perfect 3 recently came out, and it is supposedly the last "Pitch Perfect" movie. These movies are always hilarious, and I don't think there will ever be a time when they're not funny, to be completely honest.

Whether it's Aubrey saying "aca-scuse me?!" or Fat Amy mermaid dancing, there are always scenes that will make you laugh.

I think what makes these movies great is that they're so weird. Everything is so strangely funny it will remind you how you and your longtime BFF's are (speaking of BFF's, Beca and Fat Amy are best friend goals x10). I'm excited to see what the new quotes from Pitch Perfect 3 will be, so I can quote them throughout all of 2018.

There are so many reasons why these movies will always be iconic, here are my top 15 favorite moments in the first two 'Pitch Perfect' movies.

1. When Fat Amy mermaid dances

Mermaid DancingIt's a talent we all wish we could master, I know I do. Her dance skills are classics and I wish I had her confidence level.

2. Bumper and Donald's talks

The best wing-men. Bumper and Donald even finish each other's sentences, aww.

3. The OG riff-off

The whole riff-off idea impresses me. I could never be that quick to think of a lyric. I love this scene because it's so entertaining to watch, and, more importantly, they sing songs by Pat Benatar AND Dr. Dre.

4. The riff-off in "Pitch Perfect 2"

A random crazed fan of acapella invites all the best acapella groups to his home for a riff-off. The Green Bay Packers sing bootylicious — there's a lot happening here.

5. The auditions

"Don't just bring it, sing it!" The fact that McLovin from Superbad is in this scene makes it so perfect and funny. They perform "Since You've Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson so you can rediscover your love for that song whenever you rewatch this movie. I know I do.

6. The hosts

"Nothing makes a woman feel more like a girl than a man who sings like a boy."

The hosts of the acapella competitions, Gail and John, say the most cringe-worthy things, but they really add to the movies.

7. The Tonehangers

This old acapella group's version of Bootywork has got to be #1 on the charts, they get so into it.

8. Fat Amy getting hit with a burrito

"I have been shot!"

Bumper sabotages the Bellas with a burrito fiasco and we're all saying, aca-scuse me?

9. Horizontal running

Horizontal running"Yeah, no...don't put me down for cardio."

Haven't you heard? Horizontal running is the newest fitness craze!

10. Bumper trying to get at Fat Amy

"Sometimes I feel like I should do crystal meth and then I think hmm better not."

It's dysfunctional, yet at the same time makes sense.

11. When Bumper becomes a security guard and a member of The Tonehangers

His back up singing for John Mayer was done and he couldn't stay out of the spotlight. Ironically, he joins what he made fun of when he was a Treble.

12. Adding aca in front of everything

Aca-scuse me?

"Aca-believe it" "Aca-scuse me?" "Aca-people" "Aca-bitches" "Aca-awesome" Aca-awkward"

It's really never aca-ending.

13. When Beca shows Jesse how she feels

Beca sings "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds, from the movie "The Breakfast Club," which Jesse loves. #Feels

14. When Benji finally becomes a Treble

Finally, dreams really do come true for this magician when Bumper abandons the Treblemakers. He even sings "Magic" by B.o.B — how fitting.

15. When Emily performs her song

A newcomer to the Bellas and a legacy, Emily Junk was destined to be a Bella, and she helped them win Worlds with an original song she wrote.

Crushed it.