15 Magical Lessons From The Best 'Harry Potter' Characters

These magical lessons will be sure to stick with you for life.

31

J.K. Rowling's creation of an incredible magical world seems so much more real than it does fiction. The characters she created teach countless amounts of lessons to those reading the books and watching the movies. Although there is so much more to learn from so many other characters, these 15 have shown me things I intend to keep with me for the rest of my life.

1. Harry Potter - Bravery isn't always easy.

After losing his parents, being tied to Voldemort for his whole life, and constantly being named as "The Boy Who Lived," Harry Potter never lost hope of a life without evil. He always put on a brave face and never showed any sign of fear when encountering the Dark Lord.

True bravery lies within those who put others before themselves, and that is always what Harry did, despite the struggles that he went through.

2. Ron Weasley - Loyalty is essential in true friendship.

Since the start of their friendship, Ron's loyalty to Harry never faded. He defends Harry, goes to great lengths to keep him safe, and even risks death a few times to help his friend defeat Voldemort. Besides all that, Ron opens his home to Harry and gives him the sense of family that he never had.

Loyalty is what helps a friendship grow, and Ron proves this to be true.

3. Hermione Granger - Never underestimate yourself.

Although it's rare to see Hermione struggle, she never doubts herself when there is a problem in need of solving. Having confidence in your brains and in who you are is essential to living a fulfilling life. She is always the key that Ron and Harry need whenever they're on a mission.

You can do anything you set your mind to, and Hermione is always reminding us of that.

4. Ginny Weasley - Women can be powerful, too.

Although Ginny falls last in the line of the Weasley siblings, she is also the only girl. She was possessed by Voldemort in her first year at Hogwarts, an experience that made her grow to be both strong and courageous.

Her bold personality and excellent wizard skills make her a strong role model to any young girl reading the books or watching the movies. In addition, she is a kick-ass Quidditch player. Is there anything she can't do?

5. Albus Dumbledore - Experiences, good or bad, shape who we are.

Dumbledore teaches Harry countless amounts of life lessons. However, Dumbledore gained his wisdom and was able to pass it on because of the experiences he went through within his lifetime. He taught Harry you learn something from every moment in life, no matter if it's good or bad.

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

6. Severus Snape - Learn to move on from the past.

It may seem that Snape is just a grumpy, old professor, but in reality, he struggles with some darkness from his past. Although he still holds on to those upsetting memories, he learned to move on from his troubling past at Hogwarts and with Lilly Potter in order to look after Harry when he's at school.

Snape showed us that it's difficult to let go of struggle, but it's possible to move on.

7. Fred and George Weasley - Don't take life too seriously.

Between all of the troubles going on at Hogwarts, these two were always there to lighten the mood and remind everyone that laughter is needed in order to get through life. Their antics helped Harry when he was in trouble, especially when they gave him the Maurader's Map to get into Hogsmeade.

Let's not forget about the time they let off fireworks in the Great Hall in an attempt to defy Umbridge and her absurd policies. Truly iconic.

8. Neville Longbottom - Never give up.

Since his first year at Hogwarts, Neville was always at the bottom of the class list. He never did well in any of his classes, besides Herbology, but that didn't stop him from returning to Hogwarts each year. Neville never gave up on himself and learned so much through his years of schooling.

When he killed Nagini, Voldemort's snake and the last horcrux, it proved just how far he had come as a person and a wizard.

9. Rubeus Hagrid - Always look at the bright side.

No matter the problem Harry, Hermione, or Ron had, Hagrid was always there to assist them in finding a solution. He offered advice to help them see the good side of the issue, and he was always a loyal friend they were able to turn to. Hagrid always saw the best in each wizard, witch, and creature, and he was a bright light in the times of darkness.

10. Luna Lovegood - Accept who you are and be yourself.

Luna was never afraid to let her freak flag fly. Despite other students constantly making fun of her appearance and behavior, she was never one to lack confidence in who she was. Luna becomes a great friend to Harry and reminded him to always be his true self, even if that comes with embracing his dark past.

11. Draco Malfoy - People aren't always born evil.

Because he was raised by two death eaters, Malfoy grew up surrounded by evil, which is why he is constantly tormenting Harry and his friends. It isn't until the characters are older that you discover Malfoy has an internal struggle with both evil and good. This is especially apparent when Voldemort gives him a mission to kill Dumbledore, and he struggles with what to do.

People are a product of their own environment, and Malfoy didn't have a choice in what that was.

12. Sirius Black - Those who love us never really leave us.

Harry has dealt with loss his entire life, and when Sirius, Lupin, Tonks, and countless others die at the hands of the Dark Lord and his followers, it becomes harder for Harry to make sense of death. Sirius reminds him that those we lose can always be found in our hearts, and although they aren't there physically, they are always close to us in spirit.

13. Lord Voldemort - A life without love isn't worth living.

After a long fight with Voldemort, Harry discovers that he has an upper hand over him because he knows and experiences what love is like. Voldemort isn't able to feel or understand what love and friendship mean, turning his life into something so meaningless. Sharing those feelings with others is what life is all about, and it's why Harry trumps the Dark Lord in the end.

14. The Dursleys - Never discriminate someone because of something you don't understand.

Throughout Harry's entire time at Hogwarts, the Dursley family shames him for his magical powers and they treat him like a piece of dirt. They refused to admit that Harry was a wizard before he got his letter to attend Hogwarts because they believe that those who can produce magic are freaks.

The Dursleys are unable to understand what Harry can do, so they are always judging him and his abilities.

15. Dobby - Friendship requires sacrifice.

Dobby appears to Harry before his second year at Hogwarts to warn him of the potential danger occurring at the school. In order to do so, Dobby betrays the family he is enslaved to so Harry can be safe. He does this countless times and even puts his life on the line to save Harry's life later on.

True friendship means risking it all for the ones you love, and Dobby was never afraid to do so.