15 Things I've Learned At A Small School

Small classes, friends all around campus, but there are also certain things that are definitely not fantastic

7

Everyone who goes to a small school knows that it certainly has its perks. Small classes, friends all around campus, and so much more. However, there are also certain things that are definitely not fantastic.

1. You have to go to classes

Going to a small school means that your friend can't just press a button for you in class that signs you in. Professors take attendance and trust me, signing in for a friend won't do you any good.

2. There are designated bars and clubs for every night of the week

3. You're more than just a number

To your professors and the school faculty, every student matters. These people will make it a point to make sure you know that you're important to them.

4. It's impossible to avoid seeing the people you've hooked up with

hide under a table, run behind a building, camouflage yourself, do whatever you have to do...just get out of sight ASAP

5. You're better off asking around about professors than you are checking on rate my professor

6. The gym gets crowded way too quickly

seriously, just give up on your New Years resolution before you start. There aren't enough machines for everyone who promised themselves that they'd work out more!

7. Nothing's better than having everything on campus within a ten-minute walk away

There's no such thing as a "far walk." Ten minutes; tops.

8. Food chains aren't as likely to have on campus stations

9. There's always a friend nearby

10. When weird things happen on campus, everyone knows

11. Being in small classes means you can actually develop relationships with your professors

12. Uber drivers can't pull up directly to your dorm

13. Knowing the people who work in the caf always means some extra food

14. The school shuttle system is on point

just remember, if you're that kid on the shuttle people will hear about it

15. You're part of a true community