15 Hidden Gems For The Tallahassee Foodie On A Budget

If you like good food, then you need to check these local places out!

40

I have been living in Tallahassee for a few years now and have slowly compiled a list of the best local restaurants in Tallahassee. I am always looking for somewhere new and delicious to eat, and I don't like paying too much for a dinner either! Here is my master list of the best places to eat in Tallahassee. (Side note: these restaurants are in no particular order!)

1. Gordo's Cuban Restaurant

Such good food. Try the chicken philly or go classic with a cuban and finish the meal with a Gordo's smash.

2. Momo's Pizza

Where you can get a slice of pizza bigger than your head.

3. Big Easy Snowballs 

Located right on Lake Ella, this is the perfect place to grab a sweet treat.

4. Masa 

Fancy and delicious Asian food! Be sure to check out their Wednesday night date night special.

5. Bradley's Sausage

Located about 30 minutes away from Florida State University's main campus, Bradley's Sausage is truly a diamond in the ruff. This third-generation family business packs and smokes sausage on site. It's also a little market where you can buy other meats, jams, and grits.

I suggest a spicy sausage with a sprite and sitting on a rocking chair on the front porch while enjoying your meal.

6. Good Berry Açaí Bowls

If you're looking for a healthy meal or the best açaí in town, Good Berry is it! Absolutely incredible, and you get so much for the price. Easily the most customizable of all the Tallahassee options and you get the most açaí. 10/10 recommend.

7. El Jalíscos

This is truly one of the best Mexican restaurants I have ever been to. While on the more pricey end of this list (around $9-$10 for a lunch entreé), you get so much food I usually end up making two meals out of the lunch portion. I highly suggest the Mexican chicken lunch special.

8. Mann's Doghouse

There are barely words to describe how amazing this food is. Your burger is made to order and made just about any way you can imagine. Their fries are very unique and delicious. Oh, and ask for extra of their special sauce because it's just that good. Not to mention you can get a cheeseburger, fries, and a drink for $8.99! Originally a food truck, this Tallahassee burger joint easily makes the list.

9. Canopy Road Cafe

Holy breakfast food, this place is good. They have everything from omelets to dessert pancakes and they even have lunch items served if you aren't in the breakfast mood. Open 6:30 a.m. - 2:15 p.m., this place is a must-try.

10. Spear-It 

This local Florida State themed restaurant is 100% worth the long wait for your food. Everything here is amazing, I highly suggest starting out with the fried mac and cheese sticks.

11. Guthrie's 

This Tallahassee fried chicken joint puts Zaxby's to shame.

12. Well's Brothers Bar and Grille 

This unique restaurant is fun for the whole family. Well's Brothers has a large outdoor, dog-friendly seating area complete with corn hole. Be sure to try the Gator Hater burger!

13. Bird's Aphrodisiac Shack 

Pulling up to this place, you might be feeling unsure. However, it is basically a guarantee you'll love this place. With oysters, burgers, karaoke, and live comedy shows, what's not to love?

14. Woodchuck's Cafe

This is another one of those places that might not be the best place for an Instagram picture, but this is the place you'll get some of the best breakfast food you've ever had.

15. California Chicken Grill

With everything made fresh to order, Cali Chicken Grill is hard to beat. Most people order this on a food delivery app but they have plenty of indoor seating as well. My favorite thing to get here is the boneless grilled chicken with yellow rice and a caesar salad.