15 Things You’ve Probably Experienced If You Studied Abroad In Europe

If you haven’t, here’s some insight...

44

1. “Why is the Mona Lisa so small?” Talk about a let down, we’ve been learning about this painting since the beginning of time, and yet here it is in a giant room, and a 2’6 x 1’9 frame… No offense Da Vinci, it’s really cool and all, but…

2. WATER IS NOT FREE, YOU GUYS. Before you start feeling thrifty by opting for water, give that menu a second look. 9/10 times, it is NOT free. Chances are you had to learn the hard way.

3. Those heels you brought that took up 2lbs of precious luggage space were completely and utterly USELESS. What is cobblestone if not a death trap for any shoe without a flat sole?!

4. Ryanair, Easyjet, and skyscanner became your new favorite websites. Nothing to do this weekend? Let’s see what skyscanner has to say about that. I mean, how much of a choice do you have when you find a flight to Paris for 40 euros?!

5. You haven’t partied until you’ve left a European club at 6am..

6. Shopping hurts less once you’ve stopped converting euros to dollars. Just let it be, what’s done is done.

7. Has anything your grandmother has ever made tasted as good as a kebab at 4am?! The answer is no.

8. Who knew you were capable of navigating the subway system in Prague all on your own?! You sure as hell didn’t, yet here you are, safe and sound.

9. No one told me I had to get my train ticket stamped?! Well one guy did, right before he fined me 50 euros…

10. Diets? WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOSE!

11. “If you’re from Belgium, why are you French fries?”

12. There are two types of American abroad students: Those who only socialize with other American Students, and those who avoid them like the plague. There really is no in between.

13. Chances are, your apartment isn’t half as luxurious as you expected it to be. What do you mean there’s no AC?! Honestly though, you’re in Europe. You’ll get over it.

14. Whether or not you were good at learning a new language, you learned the important words, and that’s what counts.

15. When you couldn’t remember those important words, you found other methods of communication…

No matter where you studied, how long you studied for, or what struggles and possible let downs you faced, chances are you'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.