15 Easy, Cheap, Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

Wait till the last minute or didn't have time to get a Halloween Costume?

298
the.nlds.co

Don't fret about it! You'll still be rocking the Halloween game in these costume ideas!

A great plus to these costumes is you may already have some of the required items of clothing! Check places like Target, Wal-Mart, any convenient store, Goodwill, thrift shops, etc for these items if you do not have them!

1. Grapes

Requires:

• Purple shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve)
  • Purple balloons
  • Black pants or purple leggings/tights
  • A green hat (doesn’t matter what style or fit)
  • Green construction paper

To do:

• Blow up the purple balloons and pin to shirt. You can also try hot glueing the ends of the balloons where you tied them off to the shirt.
  • Draw and cut a leaf, or leaves, with the green construction paper and pin or glue to the hat

2. Mime

Requires:

• A black and white striped shirt
  • Black leggings, jeans, or pants in general
  • White gloves
  • Black hat
  • Black suspenders
  • Red or black lipstick
  • Face paint (White and black)

To do:

• Put the white face paint all over your face
  • Use the black for accents around the eyes (such as diamonds and teardrops)
  • Put red lipstick on lips (black for guys)

3. Robber

Requires:

• A black and white striped shirt
  • Black gloves
  • Black beanie
  • Black eye mask
  • A potato sack or white pillow case
  • Black Sharpie marker

To do:

• Use Sharpie to draw a big money symbol on the bag of your choice

4. An Animal

[Sorry, no picture available]

Requires:

• A set of animal ears and tail (Ex: bunny, mouse, tiger or cat, etc)
  • A tutu to match (Guys, don’t have to wear this. Find pants to match)
  • A t-shirt to match.

To do:

• Just pin the tail to the outside of the tutu or pants
  • Set the headband with the ears on it on head

5. Zombie Hunter

Requires:

• Tattered and ripped up jeans or cargo pants
  • A plain white, grey, or black tee
  • A flannel (Men’s flannels work best for this ladies!)
  • Denim, leather, or army jacket
  • Combat boots
  • A fake weapon (This could be a inexpensive water handgun spraypainted black or grey, a fake knife from the Halloween section, or a wooden stake. Bonus points for using more than one and getting creative with putting stashes off different ones in your pockets for back ups)

6. 90's Kid

Requires: (This works for any sort of Era. Other examples would be like an 80’s school kid or 50’s school kid)

• An oversized multi-colored sweater (subtle colors work too)
  • Skinny jeans
  • Keds or Converse (knock offs of these work too! And boots!)

To do:

• Girls: Pull hair back into a messy bun or ponytail
  • Guys: Quiff the hair!
  • Hint: There are a lot of other outfit options for this costume! Google is your friend with other ideas for it!

7. M&M Candy

Requires:

• Red, green, brown, yellow, or blue t-shirt
  • White paint and a paint brush
  • Black leggings, pants, or skirt and tights combo
  • White gloves

To do:

• With white paint and paint brush, make an M on the front of the t-shirt (Make sure to let dry for at least a half hour before wearing)

8. Where's Waldo?

Requires:

• A red and white long sleeve striped shirt
  • Dark denim pants
  • Rounded glasses (without lenses and either black or brown)
  • Black, white, or red converse (Keds work as well! And so do darker colored moccasins!)
  • A white beanie with a red puff ball and red knitting on the edge of it (If you don’t have one or can’t find one, a red beanie works fine!)

9. A Superhero (the lazy way)

[Sorry, no picture available]

Requires:

• A superhero graphic tee of some sort (Batman, Captain America, Green Lantern, etc)
  • A eye mask (find color that matches your shirt. Ex: Green Latern would be a green or black eye mask)
  • A cape to match (Can be made from anything. Wal-Mart has good selections of material!)
  • Pants or skirt

To do:

• Pin the cape to your shirt

10. The Joker

Requires:

• Purple dress shirt (Unless you can find one similar to the picture)
  • Green or purple tie
  • Green pants or skirt with purple tights
  • White face paint
  • Black eyeshadow or face paint
  • Green hairspray (Usually can be found at a Sally’s or Claire’s. Make sure it’s the kind that will come out within one or two washes too.)
  • Red lipstick
  • Black leather gloves (optional)

To do:

• Do face first: Make his smile with the red lipstick and dark eyes with the black eyeshadow and then put on the white face paint
  • Find a scrap of paper or cardboard to shield. Spray the green hairspray on hair, all over with complete coverage.

11. Sherlock Holmes

Requires:

• A black trench coat (or dark brown)
  • Black pants
  • A white dress shirt
  • Navy blue scarf
  • Black boots

To do:

• How you wear the trench coat and scarf is your preference (Benedict Cumberbatch version he tends to keep the collar popped up!)

12. Winnie The Pooh

Requires: (This is for Pooh, but can be done for Piglet, Tigger, Robin, and Christopher. Google “Character costume diy”)

• A golden yellow t-shirt
  • Red skirt for girls and red pants for boys
  • Bear ears
  • A jar of honey (made with paper or real)

13. Error 404

Requires:

• A white tee
  • Black Sharpie marker
  • Whatever pants you have

To do:

• Use the black marker to write on the front of the white shirt “Error 404. Costume Not Found.”

14. A Nerd

Requires: (This can be done in different ways. Depends on what you can find. Colors and patterns are all up to you.)

• A short sleeve or long sleeve dress shirt
  • A bowtie
  • Dress pants, denim skinny jeans, denim shorts, or plaid skirt
  • Suspenders
  • Black framed glasses (no glasses and put white tape around nose rim)
  • Knee high socks (if wearing shorts or a skirt)

15. 50 Shades of Grey

Requires:

• A grey tee
  • Grey paint palette cards
  • Whatever pants you have (probably grey if possible)

To do:

• Pin or glue cards to the shirt in various places