15 DIY Gift Ideas

15 DIY Gift Ideas

15 Thoughtful Gifts
43

If you're strapped for cash or maybe you like putting some extra time into the gifts you give DIY gifts can make the perfects gifts for holidays, birthdays, or any occasion.

1. 52 Reason.

Grab a deck of playing cards and on each one write a reason why you love the person, or maybe just a happy thought to make their day, you plan on gifting it to. Then you can punch holes along the side and tie them together with ribbon or find a cute box and every day there. This is a perfect gift for anybody, whether it's a partner, family member or friend.

2. Recipes.

If you're someone who's good at cooking why not share that talent through a gift. You could write down some of your favorite recipes, find a cute box, and maybe add a few blank ones so they can grow their collection.

3. Magical Shrinking Necklace.

This one involves a bit more craftiness then the first two. If that's you're thing then give this a try! You will also need to buy some jewelry making supplies, remember if you buy a pack of these items you can make a few and make several for a few different people. If you want to check it out, you can find pretty clear directions here.

4. Lip Scrub.

The holiday season is the perfect time of year to give someone a lip scrub, all though you could give someone lip scrub any time of year. This article has 30 recipes for homemade lip scrubs, where you can choose between different flavors such as kiwi, mint, orange, lemon, and honey and cinnamon. This is also a great gift regardless of gender and is pretty universal, who wouldn't want a lip scrub?

5. Baked Goods.

Never underestimate the power of cookies, fudge, cake, pie or whatever you can think of. This might be especially nice if you have a friend with specific dietary needs or has allergies and you make something that caters to that.

6. Photo Wine Glasses.

With Mod Podge you can affix pictures to the bottom of wine glasses. You can do pieces of art you know they like, pictures of you two together, family photos, anything you want really. Here's a full tutorial.

7. Tassel Bookmarks.

If you mind a piece of patterned cardboard or you can glue a picture, quote, or anything you want to a piece of cardboard. Here's a tutorial for the tassel.

8. Paperclip Bookmarks

If you have more than one bookworm in your life, here's another DIY bookmark that they're sure to love. The directions for this one are pretty easy, here's where you can find them.

9. Soap.

Soap is another great gift to make and give if you really don't know what else to give someone. Everyone needs soap. This particular recipe is for peppermint soap but if you scroll down you can find other recipes for ones that will smell like pumpkin spice, cranberry orange, milk and money, peaches and cream, coffee and milk, apple pie, and natural citrus.

10. Coupon Book.

Grab some note cards, or patterned paper, or even just paper and style them however you want. Then create the coupons whether is a free night of babysitting, a free huge, a free dibs on the shower, a free ice cream, or a free ride somewhere. It's perfect to be catered to the relationship between you and the person you're giving it to. You can draw on them or not, punch a hole in the corner and tie with a string or not. It's really completely up to you.

11. Hot Chocolate Spoons.

These are perfect for any age and could be given as a gift or brought to a party for everyone to share. They're spoons dipped in chocolate that can be stirred into warm water or milk to create delicious hot chocolate. Here's a great recipe.

12. Teacup Candles.

These look super cute and you could make this candle in anything you want to; a mason jar or a seashell. But if you did want to do it in a teacup I would recommend looking at Goodwill or other consignment shops that might sell inexpensive teacups. Here are good instructions.

13. Animal Book End.

You can use any animal, or any figure you could find at a dollar tree, AC Moore, or Micheals or any color you want. Here are the instructions and if you don't know if they'd be strong enough you can replace the wood with a brick or put a little hole in whatever plastic friend you choose and fill it with sand.

14. Animal Memo Holder.

If bookends aren't really your style but you still have a plastic animal you don't know what to do with. Try this one out. Here are there instructions.

15. Chocolate Chips Cookies in a jar.

This is a classic gift and it's perfect because even if the person you're thinking of isn't a huge baker, it's pretty easy for them. Most of the measuring is done for them and they have a cute mason jar and a plate of chocolate chip cookies after they make them. Here's a link for instructions that includes a free printable with the recipe for you to include when wrapping the present. So the recipient will know just what they need to add and how many cookies they will be able to make.

So there you go fifteen DIY recipes that are perfect for every occasion and holiday. Just remember that it's the thought that counts and a good friend won't care how much money you put into your gift.

Happy Holidays.