15 Bible Verses To Get You Through A Stressful Week

"When I am afraid, I will trust in you"

2597
Tumblr

This week has been tough. I have around a two page list of all the things I need to do before Friday night. I had complete forgotten I've had to write an article this week. I've been balancing tests, homework, office hours, work, my sorority, EVERYTHING. I was finally reminded today that I needed to set aside time to distress and talk to God about my problems and my concerns. After I finally did, I felt so much better. He reminded me that he knows what's going to happen, and basically told me to take a chill pill cause he's in the drivers seat. After that, I realized that there are some times during the day when we can't lock ourselves in a quite room and talk to him. We're continuously surround by people and noise and distractions. Here's a list of 15 Bible verses that you can look back on that will remind you to take a breath and realize who is actually in control.

1. 2 Corinthians 12:10

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2. Luke 1:37

For with God, nothing can be impossible.

3. Philippians 1:6

There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears.

4. Proverbs 16:3

Put God in charge of your work,
then what you’ve planned will take place.

5. Jeremiah 29:11

"I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."

6. Isaiah 41:10

"I’ve picked you. I haven’t dropped you. Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you."

7. Matthew 11:28-30

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

8. Job 23:10

But he knows the way that I take;
when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.

9. Psalm 62:6

Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

10. 2 Timothy 4:17

But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength.

11. Exodus 14:14

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

12. Psalm 91:2

I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”

13. Proverbs 19:21

Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

14. 1 Samuel 12:16

Now then, stand still and see this great thing the Lord is about to do before your eyes!

15. 1 Peter 5:7

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Although these are verses from the Bible, they are not a substitute for sitting down and talking to God. So remember that no matter how stressed or how worried you are, giving God all your problems is the only thing to do. Have a good and hopefully a stress free week.