15 Albums On Spotify That Are Hidden Gems

You should definitely check out these albums, if you haven't already (and you probably haven't).

496
Mighty

One of my favorite things in life is finding new music. I love listening to mainstream artists, but I feel a sense of pride when I discover a lesser-known artist on Spotify. Lately, I've been really into acoustic or singer-songwriter music. I put together a list of 15 albums to check out if you, like me, enjoy finding new favorites to listen to for three weeks straight. Grab your earbuds!

1. "+" by Ed Sheeran

Naturally, this album tops the list. It's my number one favorite album of all time. The acoustic tunes are incredibly versatile: I listen to this album when I'm in a good mood, when I'm taking a nap, when I'm super upset, and every other mood under the sun. Ed's definitely blown up lately, but when all is said and done, this is still my favorite album of his.

2. "The Morning" by Lewis Watson

I discovered Lewis Watson in the "similar to" tab on Ed Sheeran's Spotify page. He did not disappoint. Watson's singer-songwriter debut album is super relaxing. Plus, there are 37 songs on the deluxe edition, meaning you never run out of new lyrics to learn.

3. "Born to Die" by Lana Del Rey

Before Lana Del Rey got famous off of the "Summertime Sadness" remix, she released "Born to Die." I LOVE this album. It's the album that got me interested in her music in the first place. She's just released information about an upcoming album called "Lust for Life."

4. "Cry Baby" by Melanie Martinez

You won't see Melanie Martinez at an award show because she has an aesthetic that isn't for everyone. Even her music is a little off. She writes songs told from the perspective of a child, including one about a kidnapping. Aside from her vibe, her music is addicting. I highly recommend checking out "Dollhouse" (my personal fave) or "Carousel"--which was used in the opening theme song for season four of "American Horror Story."

5. "Electra Heart" by Marina and the Diamonds

The first time I listened to this album, I stayed up for over an hour just so I could listen to the whole thing in one go. From the fun electro-hit "Bubblegum Bitch" to "This Is How To Be A Heartbreaker," there's always something to dance to.

6. "Chapter One" by Ella Henderson

Ella Henderson's voice is reminiscent of Adele. This album is one of my recent favorites. It's perfect to listen to on a long bus ride.

7. "Room 93" by Halsey

This EP is what put Halsey on the map. I love, love, LOVE this EP (more than her first album actually) and would definitely recommend it for rainy day listening.

8. "Sheezus" by Lily Allen

Lily Allen has been in the music industry a long time. So long, in fact, that I had her on my iPod in middle school. "Sheezus" is Allen's newest album and has some bangers on it. My personal favorite is 'L8 CMMR."

9. "Henda i Været" by No. 4

This is the most unique item on my list. No. 4 is a Norwegian group and this album is entirely sung in Norwegian. Don't let that scare you away because it is beautiful. Their song "Jeg Har Aldri Sett Elg" is so pretty it took my breath away. Enjoy the mystery and look them up!

10. "Criminals + Dreams" by Willa

Willa's debut album is full of songs to work out to because they're upbeat, loud and fun. Her song "Hey" was my JAM spring semester of last year. I can't help but dance every time I listen to it.

11. "America EP" by XYLØ

Despite the name, XYLØ is an American band composed of a brother and sister. They just released a new song a few days ago, so I'm expecting a full-length album to be dropped soon (fingers crossed). Their song "Afterlife" is a must-listen.

12. "Mine EP" by Phoebe Ryan

Another artist that flies under the radar is Phoebe Ryan. She has almost two million monthly listens on Spotify and yet I had never heard of her until a few days ago. Her music sounds a little bit like Tove Lo, another one of my favorites.

13. "Madness" by Ruelle

Ruelle, formerly known as Maggie Eckford (those albums are still on Spotify if you're interested), has music that TV shows love. I first heard her on an episode of "Jane the Virgin" and have since heard her music in the background for numerous commercials and shows.

14. "Love and War" by Fleurie

Not much is known about Fleurie. She doesn't have a bio on Spotify. This mystery woman has some great music that flies under the radar of pop culture. Her music is indie and worth a listen when you're feeling that teenage angst.

15. "Like I Used To" by Lucy Rose

Lucy Rose is big overseas, especially in her home country of Great Britain. Her music is so wonderfully acoustic that it makes me want to sit outside on a blanket with a guitar, even though I don't know how to play.