14 Ways You Should Be Using Coconut Oil

14 Ways You Should Be Using Coconut Oil

Check out this list for some of the best ways you could be using coconut oil that are better than the original drugstore products.

20
14 Ways You Should Be Using Coconut Oil

Coconut oil can be found at your nearest grocery store for under $10. It's USDA approved, organic and non-GMO verified with numerous benefits that surpass it's chemical-filled counterparts. Next time you think of buying one of the items on this list, consider that you could just use one jar of coconut oil as all of these things and many more! Here's 17 sursprising ways you could (and should) be using coconut oil:

Makeup Remover

It is cheaper than buying makeup wipes and it lasts a lot longer. A swab of coconut oil will take off all of your face-makeup and eye-makeup.

Grease

Coconut oil is a healthier alternative than butter for greasing a pan.

Deep Conditioner

Place a small amount into a container and then place that container into a larger one filled with hot water to liquify the oil. Apply the oil to clean, dry hair and let it sit for an hour before washing/rinsing it out.

Sunscreen

Coconut oil has an SPF of four which mean it blocks 75% of UV rays which means it lasts for about 45 minutes. Also, it does not block vitamin D or contain any harmful chemicals like drugstore sunscreens.

Natural Energy Booster

Spread it right onto your toast like butter, use it in your coffee instead of creamer, or blend it with some fruits to make a smoothie.

Lozenge

Coconut oil with soothe your sore throat, just swallow a tablespoon of the oil straight from the jar.

Detangler

Use the same technique as previously mentioned to liquify the oil, then slowly work the oil into your hair from the ends up as you brush.

Lotion

Apply it straight to your body from the jar when you get out of the shower.

Deodorant

Coconut oil fights bacteria which will prevent body odor and leave your underarms smelling like coconuts.

Neosporin

The antibacterial and antifungal properties of coconut oil allow it to keep your wound protected without the extra chemicals.

Anti-aging treatment

Dab a small amount of oil onto wrinkle-prone areas and let sit overnight.

Hair growth treatment

Use the same technique as previously mentioned to liquify the oil, then put it all over your hair, wrap your hair into a towel and sleep overnight.

Brush cleaner

Rub it onto makeup brushes and hair brushes and let sit for a couple hours before rinsing to remove all the bacteria and leave the brushes soft.

Disease Fighter

Studies have shown that the properties of coconut oil have been linked to preventing and/or treating several diseases and disorders, some including: Alzheimer’s, cancer, heart disease, Candida, diabetes, eczema, psoriasis, and high cholesterol.