14 Movies To Watch If You're Single On V-Day That Won't Make You Totally Hate Love

This one's for the single kings and queens.

73

Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a wonderful loving significant other on Valentine's day. If you are one of those people, you know how badly it sucks to see everyone out on cute dates, planning their outfits, and buying gifts when you will not be participating in any of that. Most likely, you will be spending Valentine's Day working, because your co-workers are busy and don't want to, or you're spending the holiday home on your couch, in your pjs, with your favorite cozy blanket, and the best comfort food and desserts you can find.

All you need at that point is a couple of really good movies that'll just complete the moment. Since it's Valentine's Day, you probably wanna watch a sappy love movie, but then you get five minutes into one and start crying because you're single. To avoid this last part, and keep your self-esteem up, here are 14 Valentine's Day movies for all of the singles out there. Enjoy!

1. "I Hate Valentine's Day."

As you can see by the title, this is a perfect rom-com for you to watch snuggled up on your couch if you don’t have Valentine’s Day plans.

Available to purchase on Youtube, Amazon Prime, Google Play, and iTunes.

2. "The Other Woman."

In this romantic comedy film with a hilarious turn of events, one guy proceeds to date three girls at the same time who find out and plan to seek revenge... together.

Available to purchase on Youtube, Amazon Prime, Google Play, Vudu, and iTunes.

3. "Love Actually."

“Love Actually" is part of the movie franchise that takes a Holiday and creates a handful of storylines that all weave together. Very similar to the movie "New Year's Eve," “Love Actually" has nine different stories of people/couples on Valentine's Day that are sure to give you all the feels.

Available to purchase/stream on Hulu, Youtube, Amazon Prime, Google Play, Vudu, and iTunes.

4. "'How To Be Single."

This one is a good one for all my single ladies that want so desperately not to be single. Rebel Wilson stars as the fun-loving co-worker that teaches newbie to the city how to be single, essentially.

5. "Crazy, Stupid, Love."

This movie is about a couple who seemingly has it perfect and then the husband finds out the wife has been cheating and wants a divorce. This leads him to learn how to go back out into the dating world again and can give you a laugh and a glimmer of hope as a single this V-Day.

6. "Someone Great."

This movie is the one that blew up Lizzo’s career. Starring Gina Montalto, a.k.a. Jane the Virgin, her character gets dumped after a very long relationship and learns to navigate the world and have fun as a single woman. This is an amazing girl power movie to watch on V-Day, especially if you just got dumped or it’s your first single Valentine’s Day.

Available to stream on Netflix.

7. "Mamma Mia!"

"Mamma Mia!" is obviously a classic feel-good movie that takes place in Greece where the main character goes to get married and ends up in a love triangle, or square I guess, with three men and learns that her mom had the same predicament as a young woman. With loads of girl power and catchy songs, this movie is perfect to binge by yourself on V-Day.

8. "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

This is a simple older movie with a quaint love story that isn't too overwhelming for the single battling this holiday. An aspiring writer that is with an older woman meets Audrey Hepburn's character, who is fun and full of life, and falls for her.

9. "Sex and the City."

Sex and the City, the series, follows four single females from NYC that were navigating romance and their sex lives. The movie is a sort of sequel to the series that follows up on them years later in their lives which include kids, relationships, and busy work lives.

Available to purchase/stream on Youtube TV, Youtube, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Now, and fubotv.

10. "10 Things I Hate About You."

So many people are suckers for a good high school rom com, including me, and this one is a good half V-Day, half no romance film for the occasion. 10 Things I Hate About You is a movie about these two sisters. The younger sister is super bubbly and outgoing and can't wait to get into dating where as the older sister doesn't attract many boys and couldn't care less about a relationship. Their dad created a rule right before a big dance that the younger daughter couldn't date until the older sister did, so the sister went on a mission to try to get her sister a date.

Available to purchase/stream on Youtube, Google Play, Amazon Prime, iTunes, Vudu, Disney+.

11. "Trainwreck."

Trainwreck is a rom com that fights stereotypical romance in society. With the opening line of the movie being "monogamy isn't realistic," this movie is perfect for your anti valentine's Day binge.

12. "The Breakfast Club."

With only a slight budding romance between two of the main characters, this movie is a classic, feel-good movie that's not really about love, but more about friendship. This is a good pick for those of us that wanna watch something that reminds us slightly of the holiday going on outside the darkroom and the comfy blanket but without a complete dive into it.

13. "John Tucker Must Die."

"John Tucker Must Die" is the high school version of "The Other Woman." Three girls realize they're dating the same guy and band together to plot revenge. I suggest watching both of these films back to back because it'll bring out your inner girl boss, especially if you've just been cheated on.

14. "Legally Blonde."

Elle Woods just gets broken up with, so she goes to Harvard Law and shows her ex-boyfriend who's boss! What?? Like it's hard??? Yeah, it kinda is. This movie is another classic that people love to watch to channel their inner bend and snap energy and help the single ladies remember that they don't need no man!

Happy Valentine's Day!