14 Skits From ‘The Amanda Show’ That All 90s Kids Miss

My name is Penelope Taynt, and I'm Amanda's #1 fan please!

724
Alistair McGeorge

Way before "Saturday Night Live" and other satirical spoofs were within my realm of understanding, "The Amanda Show" filled my hunger for obnoxiously funny sketches. A staple of all classic Nickelodeon lovers’ childhoods, the show featured some of the most relatable (Until the infamous Amanda Bynes breakdown in 2013) pre-teen stars. The short-lived series featured Amanda Bynes, Drake Bell, and Josh Peck among other notable actors and had some of the most memorable skits that many people growing up in the early 2000s still quote.

Here are 14 quintessential skits from "The Amanda Show" that all ‘90s kids will recall as if they saw them yesterday:

1. Moody's Point

This spoof mocking "Dawson's Creek" was the only drama that kids watching "The Amanda Show" were interested in watching. The oddly irresistible combination of a woman stuck in a hot air balloon, a dad who lost a toe, and a girl with a baboon heart left viewers always wanting answers to its cliff-hanger endings.

2. Totally Kyle

Kyle, the hilarious blonde haired guitar playing hippie, has better stories than you can dream of having. Like, totally.

3. Tony Pajamas

The only thing better than hippie surfer Drake is teen Italian mob boss Drake.

4. Judge Trudy

This "Judge Judy" parody was most definitely laughable due to the trash the kids threw at the adults, the snide comments of the bailiff, and the iconic end of each trial by Trudy yelling, "Bring in the dancing lobsters!"

5. Courtney

Any skit that included the phrase "MA-HA" was bound to be funny, but the best appearance of Courtney was in the movie theater. She is the nightmare movie-goer who no one wants to sit next to. The best example of her zaniness is shown through her conversation with Josh where she says, "There is something in your nose... I WANT IT."

6. Hillbilly Moment

Because what is funnier than someone getting hit over the head with a random and obscure object?

7. Calls to Mr. Oldman

This skit set unattainable goals for prank callers everywhere (featuring a time before caller-id ruined all of the fun).

8. Commercials

If all commercials were as entertaining as the ones during the show, commercials wouldn't be used for retrieving snacks and taking bathroom breaks.

9. Mr. Gullible

Mr. Gullible was the ideal naive substitute teacher that everyone wished they had.

10. So You Wanna Win 5 Dollars?

The show was a of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" and asked three ridiculous gameshow questions to dimwitted guests who have the chance to win five whole dollars!

11. Stranded

This skit mocks reality television show "Survivor," where there are a handful of guest are "stranded" in a ridiculous locations. Characters are voted out or go insane and escape, leaving one the win the show.

12. The Girl's Room

There was Amber, the popular one; Sheila, the tough one; Tammy, the exchange student from Tennessee; and Debbie, the dopey one who likes eggs.

13. When (People) Attack

This segment, a satire of the show "When Animals Attack!" starts out as "breaking news" where different groups of people, such as elderly women, hula dancers, school mascots, and "The Brady Bunch," attack innocent bystanders. What makes it even better is that they show the attack a second time in slow motion. Who doesn't love slow motion punching?

14. Blockblister

Possibly the most memorable sketch of the show, Blockbuster reenacts the glory days of the movie store Blockbuster. Not only is the family's confusion funny, but their movie parody within a paradoxical scene makes this skit one of the funniest to come from the early 2000s.