14 Reasons You Should Never Underestimate Hufflepuffs

"Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders."

1030
Google

It’s no secret. When it comes to how the majority of people rank the Hogwarts houses, most see Hufflepuff house as being in the low ranks. Be honest, you have probably had this thought yourself at one point or another. Very few notable characters come from Hufflepuff compared to the other houses and members are seen as being of the weaker bunch, since they couldn’t cut it out for the other more “exclusive” houses. However, Hufflepuffs are not to be underestimated. In truth, we’re kinda badass.

1. For starters, Helga Hufflepuff was basically a saint.

She was accepting of all students and treated them all equally. While some houses have specific qualities, Helga accepted all that showed some form of the values she took to heart (and became the key traits that all Hufflepuffs have). She is also known for taking in house elves to work in the kitchens at Hogwarts, giving them better living conditions than most.

2. Hufflepuff traits are ones that we should all strive for.

Hufflepuffs are known for being hard working, dedicated, loyal, and patient. We have the reputation of being one of the friendliest houses, and also one of the most humble. We may not show off our talents as much as members of the other houses may, but we are just as talented wizards and witches.

3. Speaking of talented wizards, we have produced a few, like Cedric Diggory.

RIP to a student that was deemed worthy of representing Hogwarts during the TriWizard Tournament and an amazing wizard who would have gone on to do amazing things.

4. Nymphadora Tonks.

RIP to this goddess, who gave her life to help save the wizarding world. It's also important to note her and Remus' son, Teddy Lupin, (according to J.K. Rowling herself), was sorted into Hufflepuff, so this beautiful legacy continues.

5. And the great Newt Scamander.

Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them… enough said.

5. We have also produced the fewest number of dark wizards.

Score one for Team Hufflepuff there. But as horrible as it sounds, this also shows the variety in Hufflepuffs and how different wizards are brought together in this house.

6. When the Battle of Hogwarts happened, Hufflepuffs had the second most members fight.

First was Gryffindor. Us Hufflepuffs stood up for what was right and came to Harry’s side when he and the school needed us most.

7. Our house colors let us use Wiz Khalifa as our official pump up music.

“You know what it is/Everything I do, I do it big/…Black and Yellow/Black and Yellow…”

8. And our house ghost is the bomb.

The Fat Friar is just a jolly happy man enjoying his ghost life and he is also my spirit animal.

9. Hufflepuffs are also particularly good finders.

Shout out to all the Starkid fans out there.

10. And our common room is located near the kitchens.

This has to mainly due to Helga being known for her food charms, which is a huge benefit as it means midnight snacks for us Hufflepuffs.

11. Also Neville Longbottom married fellow Hufflepuff, Hannah Abbott.

So if Neville thinks that we’re cool, than you know we must be.

12. You would not want to mess with our symbol, the badger, because those things are vicious.

“Though s/he be but little, s/he is fierce.”

13. J.K. herself has said that if she had to pick, Hufflepuff would, probably, be her favorite house.

I mean, you can't argue with that even if you tried.

14. Let's be honest, no house has pride like Hufflepuffs do.