14 Must-Reads For Every Adventurous Girl

Get ready to be absolutely obsessed.

42
7 Themes

I don't know if it has been said before, but if not I'll say it here:

Badass girls read.

They do. It's not always the shy people hiding their face behind a book in solitude, although that's totally fine and actually pretty cool if you're that girl. Girls seeking independence, adventure, an escape, and to just feed their soul NEED to read these books. Seriously. Do yourself a favor.

1. YOU are a BADASS by Jen Sincero #1 New York Times Best Seller

"How to stop doubting your greatness and start living an awesome life." Okay, your HAVE to read this. It's hilarious and inspiring, and Jen Sincero is actually real with you. It's not some BS self-help book, it's the badass bi*** Bible. Figure out who you are, accept what you love, change what you hate, and kick life right in the ass. Get it, girl.

Favorite Quote: "YOUR BRAIN IS YOUR BITCH." - Simple, but life changing.

2. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert

^ Yes! A thousand times yes! You need to read this. Be brave enough to go after what you want.

3. 52 Cups of Coffee by Megan Gebhart

Okay, so when Megan Gebhart graduated, she didn't want to fall into a boring ordinary life. So she went to 29 different cities, and met so many different people with different stories over coffee. READ IT.

Favorite quote:"When you follow your passion, the future is always exciting."

4. Universe Has Your Back by Gabrielle Bernstein

Release the blocks that restrict you from what you want in this life.

Favorite quote: Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.

5. The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck

An amazing blogger is so real with us and realizes you don't have to be so positive all the time. Accept fear, don't avoid it, and get stronger by facing the things that hurt you and scare you. Let go. It's not about not caring about anything, it's about not caring about adversity.

Favorite quote: "They say F* it, not to everything in life, but rather, they say F* it to everything unimportant in their life. They reserve their F*s for what truly matters.

6. The Art of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein

Super funny, heart breaking at times, and inspiring. This book will give you the alternate view on our life here as humans. Be tough, but read this. You won't regret it.

7. Strong Looks Better Naked by Khloe Kardashian

I know, I know, she's a "Kardashian" but please don't sleep on this book! Khloe is so strong and has beautiful insight to share.

Favorite quote: "You can't love somebody into loving you."

8. And The Heart Says Whatever by Emily Gould

Such a good read about being a young adult in the city surrounded by bar tenders, bloggers, and so many up and coming people and businesses. You get to read about a young literary out there doing her thing in the most exciting way.

Favorite quote: "But I did these things because I felt the pull of a trajectory, a sense of experience piling up the way it does as you turn the pages of a novel. I would be lying if I said I was a different person now. I am the same person. I would do it all again."

9. Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer

10. Yes Please by Amy Poehler

11. Graduates in Wonderland: The International Misadventures of Two Almost Adults by Jessica Pan and Rachel Kaplke-Dale

After graduation, this badass picked up everything and moved to Bejing while the other badass friend moved to New York. These two girls go all over to reinvent themselves. You have to hear their stories.

Favorite quote:“You won’t be able to do this ten years from now—just leave everything behind and go.”

12. #GIRLBOSS By Sophia Amoruso

Listen to what this CEO and founder of Nasty Girl- A 100+ Million dollar company has to say about life.She says that life isn't about where you went to college, it's about not being scared to follow your intuition.

Favorite quote: "The energy you’ll expend focusing on someone else’s life is better spent working on your own. Just be your own idol.”

13. Wild by Cheryl Strayed

A 22 year old who thinks she lost it all hikes the Pacific Crest Trail alone ( and yes Reese Witherspoon totally starred in the motion picture).

Favorite quote: It was my life — like all lives, mysterious and irrevocable and sacred. So very close, so very present, so very belonging to me. How wild it was, to let it be.