14 things freshmen need to know

14 Honest College Things The Class Of 2023 Needs To Know ~Before~ Fall Semester

Sit down, be humble.

10826
https://unsplash.com/photos/1VqHRwxcCCw
Unsplash

To The Class of 2023,

Before you start your college career, please know:

1. Nobody...and I mean nobody gives a shit about your AP Calculus scores.

" I got a 5 in Calc AB AND BC, a 5 in AP Literature, awh but I only got a 4 in AP Chem"

2. THE SAME GOES FOR YOUR SAT/ACT SCORES + nobody will know what you're talking about because they changed the test like 10 times since.

3. College 8 AMs are not the same as your 0 period orchestra class in 12th grade.

4. You're going to get rejected from a lot of clubs and that does not make you a failure.

5. If you do get into your clubs, make sure not to overwhelm or overcommit yourself.

visual representation of what it looks like when you join too many clubs

6. It's OK to realize that you don't want to be pre-med or you want to change majors.

7. There will ALWAYS ALWAYS be someone who's doing better than you at something but that doesn't mean you're behind.

8. "I'm a freshman but sophomore standin-" No, you don't have to clarify that, you'll sound like an asshole.

9. You may get your first ever B-, C+ or even D OR EVEN A W in your life. College is meant to teach you how to cope with failure.

10. Go beyond your comfort zone. Join a theatre club if you're afraid of public speaking. Join an animal rescue club if you're afraid of animals. College is learning more about yourself.

11. Scholarships do exist. APPLY APPLY APPLY.

12. Don't try to brag about all the stuff you did in high school, you'll just sound like a weenie hut jr. scout

13. Understand and be sensitive to the fact that everybody around you has a different experience and story of getting to university.

14. You're going to be exposed to people with different opinions and views, don't fight them. Instead, try to explain your perspective and listen to their reasoning as well.