14 Great Quotes From Even Greater Reads: Part II

Throughout my life, I've been inspired by many quotes from literature. This is a running list, so there's always more to come. Without further ado, here are some more of my favorites!

I. “Black people love their children with a kind of obsession. You are all we have, and you come to us endangered.” - Ta-Nehisi Coates, Between The World and Me

2. “The classroom was a jail of other people’s interests. The library was open, unending, free.” - Ta-Nehisi Coates, Between The World and Me

3. “We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreperably broken.” - John Green, Looking for Alaska

4. “Confusion now hath made his masterpiece.” - William Shakespeare, Macbeth

5. “My hands are of your color, but I shame to wear a heart so white.” - William Shakespeare, Macbeth

6. “Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.” - Edgar Allan Poe, The System of Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether

7. “The true genius shudders at incompleteness — imperfection — and usually prefers silence to saying the something which is not everything that should be said.” - Edgar Allan Poe, Marginalia

8. “Years of love have been forgot, In the hatred of a minute.” - Edgar Allan Poe, The Complete Stories and Poems

9. “Bah," said Scrooge, "Humbug.” - Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

10. “Loss could be used as a measure of beauty in a woman.” - Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones

11. “Life is a perpetual yesterday for us.” - Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones

12. “Faith ― acceptance of which we imagine to be true, that which we cannot prove.” - Dan Brown, The Da Vinci Code

13. “By its very nature, history is always a one-sided account.” - Dan Brown, The Da Vinci Code

14. “Learning the truth has become my life's love.” - Dan Brown, The Da Vinci Code