15 Fictional Deaths The World May Never Actually Recover From

Basically every SOA character, ever.

189
Wikimedia

*potential spoilers ahead*

Some fictional deaths really hit home and are just downright impossible to forget. If you are a movie and/or television buff, I'm sure you can relate to the pain and shock that these have left behind.

1. Clay Morrow in Sons of Anarchy

Like all the other members of SOA, Clay Morrow had done some pretty unforgiving things. However, to witness the man he raised as his own stand there and shoot him to death, was something that just couldn’t be justified.

2. Thomas J. in My Girl

To kill off Vada Sultenfuss’ only friend, at the age of 11, was an absolute heartbreak. End of story.

3. Rita Morgan in Dexter

Quite possibly one of the most shocking season finales, where Dexter’s wife, Rita was brutally murdered by the serial killer that Dexter did not kill when he had the chance. This is definitely one death I didn’t see coming.

4. Wayne Unser in Sons of Anarchy

One of the only citizens who attempted to provide help for the Sons; his fate was sealed when he was shot and killed by the President himself, Jax Teller.

5. Deb Morgan in Dexter

While it wasn’t completely unexpected for them to ultimately kill off one of the main characters, the way in which Deb was killed off of the show left the audience in a state of shock and with an empty feeling in their gut.

6. Harry "Opie" Winston in Sons of Anarchy

Yet another heart-wrenching death in SOA, arguably one of the most painful. Opie’s well-liked character made watching this horrific death something nearly impossible to forget.

7. Augustus Waters in The Fault In Our Stars

Despite the fact that both main characters are battling cancer in this film, the death of Augustus Waters was still an inevitably painful pill to swallow.

8. Wes Gibbins in How To Get Away With Murder

Arguably the most relatable and well-liked character, Wes Gibbins, is killed off mid-season in season three of HTGAWM. We are left shocked, confused, angry and wondering how the show will ever go on without the fifth member of the “Keating Five.”

9. Jack Dawson in Titanic

Of course, the tragic end to Jack and Rose’s love story in Titanic is one that will forever haunt movie-lovers across the globe. We will always argue that there was enough room for the both of them on the piece of rubble that saved Rose’s life.

10. Sam in I Am Legend

Fictional deaths are one topic, but fictional animal deaths are a whole new ball game. When Will Smith’s dog in I Am Legend turns into a zombie and he is forced to kill off his only companion, I can confidently say the world weeps right alongside his character.

11. Mike Delfino in Desperate Housewives

Anyone who followed Susan and Mike’s rollercoaster love story throughout Desperate Housewives can agree with how devastating the death of Mike was for both Susan, and us as an audience.

12. Gemma Teller Morrow in Sons of Anarchy

Despite the series of events that led up to Gemma’s murder, watching her son shoot her in the back of the head was something I’m not sure I will ever fully recover from.

13. Angel in RENT

Angel’s death, although anticipated throughout the decline of her health, was a bittersweet moment. We feel relief that she is out of pain, but we feel the pain of the loss of her fun-loving spirit.

14. Skip in My Dog Skip

A loving tale of the unbreakable companionship of a boy and his dog, who ultimately ends up passing away of old age. Although not a tragic death, it’s one that cuts just as deep.

15. G Baby in Hardball

BRB, 17 years later and still crying.