14 February Holidays Better Than Valentine's Day

Every day is a good reason to party.

91
pixabay

Valentine’s Day is never really anyone’s favorite holiday. If you’re in a relationship, congrats, you have a special someone to spend it with. But now you’re obligated to buy them a gift or do something out of the ordinary in addition to the other commercialized holidays. And if you’re not in a relationship, well that sucks. A lot. Everywhere you look you’re reminded of love and babies in diapers pointing stupid arrows (what's up with that anyway?). It’s not fun. Thankfully, I’ve compiled a list of 14 other February holidays that are much more worth our time.

1. Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day - 4th

I don’t know about you but this is already off to a great start. The 7-year-old in me is currently screaming for joy at this one.

2. Send a Card to a Friend Day- 7th

The best part about this is that you can send them any kind of card. Tell them how much they mean to you, or how much you hate their obsessive need to control everything. Or even send them one of those extra Christmas cards you still have lying around, the world is your oyster.

3. Umbrella Day- 10th

Maybe it will conveniently rain this day, who knows?

4. Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day- 11th

Toughen up, buttercup.

5. Get a Different Name Day- 13th

Who needs the Witness Protection Program when there's a holiday made just for dual identities?

6. Ferris Wheel Day- 14th

Carnivals?! Yes, I am so here for that.

7. Gum Drop Day- 15th

Candy is ALWAYS a good idea

8. Do a Grouch a Favor Day- 16th

No you cannot do yourself a favor, go out and be a selfless human to someone else.

9. Drink Wine Day- 18th

Do I really have to explain this one?

10. Chocolate Mint Day- 19th

An entire day dedicated to an amazing ice cream flavor and the best girl scout cookies ever?? Count me in. Oh and let’s not forget those awesome after dinner mints you get at Olive Garden am I right?

11. Hoodie Hoo Day- 20th

I had to look this one up, apparently, it's a day dedicated to chasing away the winter blues. Nevertheless, I am 100% here for it.

12. Tortilla Chip Day- 24th

Break out the guac because it’s party time!!

13. Tell a Fairy Tale Day- 26th

Embrace your inner Cinderella

14.Tooth Fairy Day- 28th

Maybe when you wake up there will be some money under your pillow. You may be missing a few teeth though..

There you have it, not only are they 14 holidays that are by far much better than plain old Valentine’s Day, they’re 14 amazing excuses to party.