14 Drugstore Makeup Must-Haves

14 Drugstore Makeup Must-Haves

For the struggling college student that just wants to look good.

141
14 Drugstore Makeup Must-Haves
Wordpress

As a college student, it's already difficult to muster up the energy to even put on makeup before early morning classes. We can only dream to look as amazing as the many YouTube makeup gurus out there who pull off flawless makeup tutorials, because all too often, the products they use are just way too far out of our budget range. "Back to School" look, you say? Yeah, if only I could afford either of them.

However, amidst my daily struggle of trying to find quality products that I can actually afford from paycheck to paycheck, I have stumbled across some amazing must-haves and feel the need to share them with all of you out there struggling with the same penny-pinching dilemma.

Here are 14 drugstore beauty products that I have found that I can promise are worth it and at the same time won't break the bank:

1. Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer, $13.99

Lightweight and non-drying, this product works wonders for me. It can be used by itself (to mattify your face) or underneath your makeup to provide a smooth surface for easier application.

2. L'Oreal True Match Lumi, $12.99

This is my go-to foundation! It's lightweight and is mixed with SPF 20 to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. I also have sensitive skin, and this product is perfect for that as well. This product is more for those who wish for a dewy complexion, however, so if matte is what you're looking for, then this probably isn't the best.

3. Revlon ColorStay Concealer, $10.79

Another go-to of mine! It's easy to apply and for such a small bottle, it lasts for quite some time. It blends easily and never cakes on the skin.

4. L'Oreal Paris True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation, $14.99

Mineral powder has vast health benefits for your skin, as it binds to oils and not water and is therefore virtually waterproof. This product provides a light, mattifying finish to your foundation and lasts for a while since you only need to use a little at a time. So while this may be the most expensive product on the list, it's well worth it.

5. e.l.f. Contour Palette, $6

Whether you're new to contouring or a pro, this simplistic palette should meet all of your needs and is a bargain deal for what you get out of it. The shades are very versatile and can work for nearly any skin tone.

6. Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil & Gel, $8.99

You don't need to spend too much on the fancy powders and eyebrow wax. This combo product works wonders and is simple to apply. It offers flawless coverage and the gel keeps your brows perfectly in place (and "on fleek," if I do say so myself.)

7. Nyx Proof It Eyeshadow Primer, $6.99

Keep your eyeshadow from hiding in your creases or running to your eyebrows. This product will keep your eyeshadow exactly where you want it during all of your classes and can even survive a few naps in-between.

8. Maybelline The Nudes Palette, $12.99

Not all of us have $50 to spend on Urban Decay. For those that do, good for you. For those that don't, look no further. This palette, while smaller, offers a perfect blend of both shimmery, velvety and matte eyeshadows to complete your subtle yet seductive looks.

9. Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil, $2.99

This is my favorite eyeliner. I'm pretty sure I've gone through like 40 of them in the past year because I use it so often. Each shade is very true to color and glides on so smoothly. It's also great for smudging if you're looking for a more smoky look, but can also work just as well as a cat eye if you don't have a liquid liner anywhere close by.

10. Rimmel London ScandalEyes Flex Mascara, $4

Truth be told, I don't wear mascara all that often, mostly because I never have time to apply it because I usually have to put on, at least, three coats. However, I recently came upon this brand and I haven't gone back. Only one coat and your eyelashes can go from blah to "Yes!" No clumping, no crazy spider lashes...fabulous.

11. Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color, $8

I love lipstick. That being said, I'm always moping around Sephora because there's all of these beautiful lipsticks that I just can't afford. Like ever. Until I found these, of course. These guys are moisturizing (especially for a matte lipstick) and each shade is so beautifully pigmented. I'm in love, and I'm sure many of you will be too if you check it out.

12. Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Gloss, $8.99

Speaking of moisturizing, this lip gloss is for those who either don't feel like leaving with just chapstick (me) or want to add that extra kick to their lipstick (also me.) This product has the moisturizing properties of chapstick and the pigment of a lipstick and is easily one of my favorites.

13. Nyx Dewy Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray, $7.99

Holy bargain, Batman. Setting sprays, while effective, are often very expensive, at least the ones that the YouTube gurus use all the time are. And the ones that are cheap usually aren't all that effective, which is why I was hesitant at first to try this one since it was so cheap compared to the others I've seen. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how well this product worked! Available in both a dewy and matte finish, I use this after each makeup routine and my makeup stays perfectly in place for a full day in classes and at work. 10/10, would recommend.

14. Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes (25 Pack), $7.99

All good things must come to an end. But when they do, I choose to use these makeup towelettes to wipe it all away. Though there are only 25, I actually cut one towelette in half to prolong their usage since they're so effective. My face always feels refreshed after using!

What are some of your favorite makeup bargains?