Add to Collection
To add this article to a collection, you must be logged in.
"Normal people" just don't understand.
Dancers have always been classified as different than "normal people." We can kick our head with our leg, we strap death traps called pointe shoes on our feet, and we can learn choreography in the blink of an eye. Dancers develop these strange little habits that foster some interesting looks from the general public. Here are just a few weird things that dancers do that "normal people" just don't get.
1. We prefer to sit on the floor.
2. We don't like to wear shoes.
3. We dance in public places.
If you have never done a leap down the aisle of a grocery store (or at least wanted to), can you even call yourself a dancer?
4. We go to parties purely to dance.
5. We put our legs on stuff.
6. We work out in addition to dancing.
"You don't need to workout, you dance." - every non-dancer ever.
7. We spend hours in an empty room.
When you think about it, dance studios are really just empty rooms with mirrors in them, but dancers can't get enough of them.
8. We wear spandex basically all the time.
You are #fancy when you are wearing jeans.
9. We voluntarily put ourselves in pain.
Bruises, blisters, and soreness are part of the daily routine. No pain, no gain.
10. We do weird little movements when we are thinking about dance.
11. We leap over puddles.
12. We penche to pick things up.
13. We choose dance over everything else.
Find this interesting?
Never Miss A New Article
The Odyssey Email Newsletter sends you personalized recommendations of articles and videos.