13 Ways To Be The Bigger Person

13 Ways To Be The Bigger Person

How to end all drama and move on with your life.

17013
13 Ways To Be The Bigger Person

Sometimes in college, it can seem like high school never ended. Even though we are now independent adults (for the most part), drama still surrounds us. The most important lesson I have learned throughout college is to be the bigger person. It was also one of the most difficult things to do, but it is always worth it. It is a skill that will make you a better person and help you in all aspects of your future life.

1. Think about what truly matters.

How important is this drama?

2. Take all sides into account.

People do things for complicated reasons sometimes. Try to think about why they did something wrong to you, or in other cases how they could have perceived what you did wrongly.

3. Set high expectations for yourself.

Is this truly the person you want to be? Will you look back and be proud of your actions?

4. Don't let your emotions dictate your actions.

We all say things we don't mean in the heat of the moment. Take a step back, breathe, and think before you speak or act.

5. Find a healthy way to release stress and anger.

Writing, talking to a trusted friend, or any other outlet will always help you with any and all problems. Sometimes it helps to write out all your inner thoughts that you might not want to actually say to someone.

6. Prioritize your life.

Is this worth your time and effort?

7. Think positively.

There are probably so many good things in your life. When something bad happens, just think about you have going for you and how lucky you are in other aspects of life.

8. Be empathetic and have a conscious.

Just be a good person. Think about how your actions will effect those around you. If you know something you are doing is going to hurt someone close to you, stop being selfish and don't do it.

9. Think about the consequences of your actions.

How will this effect you in the long run?

10. Take responsibility for your actions.

Own up to the mistakes you make. This is key to being a genuine, good natured, and mature person.

11. Let it go.

Don't hold grudges. Letting go of past issues will make your life so much better, lower your stress level, and allow you to grow as a person.

12. Move on.

The best revenge is success. Moving on shows that past problems don't dominate your life. You have bigger and better things ahead of you.

13. Be true to yourself.

Stay true to your character and the values you hold.

Being the bigger person throughout all the drama will be what is best in the end. Don't let drama and nonsense bring you down.