13 Things That Will Put A Smile On Your Face

No matter the day, these will instantly make it better.

6002
Alison Moore

Most days, it is really easy to have a smile on your face, but we all have those random days when we get in a bad mood. Here are 13 things that I believe will, no matter the day, put you in a better mood.

1. Look at old pictures from the good ole days

I always love looking back at old pictures from when I was a little girl. You change so much as you grow older, and it's amazing to be able to see the differences. You reminisce on having no cares other than what toy you were gonna play with that day.

2. Play with a baby or child

Seeing the joy on a child's face always makes me smile. Whether they are running around outside or inside, they always seem to exude positivity. We look at them and think "stay little forever."

3. Blast your music and dance around. either by yourself or with friends

Music and dancing are honestly the best medicine. Even if you are not the best singer or dancer, it can relieve so much stress and emotion that you may have been holding inside. So, next time you are feeling down, play your favorite song and drop it like it's hot.

4. Be artistic

Nothing says relaxation and happiness like getting your creative juices flowing. Adult coloring has became very popular in the past year, and it honestly helps brighten your mood 100x more.

5. Dress up, even if you are just going to walk around the grocery store

OK, I am not saying throw on your prom dress or suit and go grocery shopping. Instead of just wearing your sweatpants and T-sshirt when you are having a bad day, throw on a nice pair of jeans and a fancy top with some nice boots or sandals and you will feel like a brand new person.

6. Take a walk and take many pictures of the beautiful world you live in

The world we live in is such a beautiful place, so go take a nice walk around your town and take in all of the amazing things you probably never noticed. Don't forget to bring your camera along to remember those new things you discover and Instagram a thing or two.

7. For the bookworms like myself, curl up on the couch with a brand new book

Nothing beats that new book smell. Go buy a book you have been wanting to read and curl up on your couch with a nice cozy blanket and your favorite drink. Enjoy your alone time and get lost in that book.

8. Cuddle with a puppy

OK, so maybe puppies are the best medicine. Who doesn't love holding a cute little puppy and feeling the immediate love. They are there for you if you need to talk to someone and will truly listen, since they cannot talk back.

9. Plan vacations you would like to go on one day

Everyone has that one place they have been dreaming to go to since they were a teenager. It doesn't hurt to plan out what you would do if you were going or even when you want to go.

10. Watch that movie you have seen 1,000 times just because it makes you laugh

This is by far the best movie ever, BTW. We all have that one movie we constantly watch that everyone complains about watching again. Pop it in your DVD player or pull it up on Netflix, cook you some popcorn and laugh until you cry.

11. Look at funny memes on the internet

Need I say anything. There are tons of memes on the Internet that will literally make you LOL.

12. Call up someone you haven't talked to in awhile

Talking to that one person you haven't spoken to in a while could instantly brighten your day. Catch up and plan to meet up someday soon.

13. Extend kindness or help to a stranger and tell them to pass it on

Nothing can make you smile more than doing something to make someone else's day. Buy someone's drive thru order that is behind you or go help your neighbor with their yardwork.

All in all, these 13 things will make you smile no matter how bad your day is going. Always remember that there are better days to come and it is OK to have a bad day.