13 Things That Will Happen To You This St. Patty's Day At WVU

Let's get ready to stumble!

170
unsplash

Saint Patrick's Day is a holiday to celebrate those who are Irish. But here at West Virginia University we celebrate it whether your Irish or not. For WVU it's just excuse for us to go out a drink. We honestly don't need an excuse, but it helps us feel better about ourselves. Bars and Clubs run crazy specials that you can't beat. Here are 13 things that will happen to you at WVU this St. Patty's Day.

1. Your friends will wake you up early.

Bars are open at 7 a.m. around here in Morgantown. So you know what that means...of course we all have to be lined up at the door before 7 a.m. We might also have to pregame, the pregame.

2. If you're 21, you will be at Fat Daddy's.

21 and up, you are definitely starting your day off at Fat's and then will work your way elsewhere. Who can beat the 25 cent green beers and the breakfast buffet?

3. You will somehow end up at a frat.

Somehow, someway you always make it to one of the popping frat parties. You might end up their huffing and puffing, but you will make it.

4. End up having pictures on your phone that you can't explain.

You will wake up in the morning with pictures of you and your friends and wonder how they got their. Either with random people you made friends with or an embarrassing video of your friend dancing on the table.

5. Beads will be around your neck

Some point in the day, someone will put beads around your neck. You don't question it, you accept it and move forward.

6. You might get an open container from the cops.

Cops are everywhere St. Patrick's Day. So be careful where you walk to with an open container.

7. Random people will shove unknown liquids down your throat.

People will walk up to you and offer you sips of their drink. Everyone here at WVU gets happy drunk and then become the best of friends.

8. You might puke and rally.

Chances of this happening are always a 50/50. Depends when you start, what you mix and how you pace yourself.

9.You will drink out of a foreign object.

You will drink out of a cone, shot ski, beer bong or some other questionable things.

10. Someone will be in a leprechaun outfit.

You always see that one guy in a leprechaun outfit. From acting like he knows how to Irish step dance, to running down the street from the cops.

11. The basic girls will be wearing "Kiss Me I'm Irish" shirts

This shirt never fails. There will be about 50% of the girls wearing these and the kicker is half them aren't even Irish.

12. Your night will end at Jimmy Johns or Sandwich U.

Happens to the best of us. We get hungry and want something right then and there so we end up and one of the two best places to get munchies at.

13. You might kiss an alligator.

Here in West Virginia, there are a lot of different wildlife some students have.

These are some things that will happen to you this Saint Patrick's Day here at WVU. Embrace it because this is a once in a lifetime experience. Every year there is something new that can be added to this list. Here at WVU, nothing surpises you these days.