13 Life Lessons I've Learned From Disney

Disney has some life lessons that even us grown-ups could learn from.

57
wallpapersxl.com

Everybody loves Disney--from children all the way to adults. There are classic Disney movies and cartoons that everyone must watch and new soon-to-be-classics are added to the list every year. We all know every Disney movies have overarching morals but here are a few that have changed my life for the better.

1. It's okay to be different.

We have all been told countless times that being unique is important. But it really is because what fun would it be talking to somebody who was exactly the same as you looks and personality wise? Embrace your differences--flaws and all because they're what make you, you.

2. Get lost in reading.

Pick up a book and use your imagination. Reading can take you on new and exciting adventures right from your comfiest chair in your house. The best part is getting lost in a story and forgetting about you worries in the real world. Enjoy the art that has literally been passed down for generations upon generations.

3. Find your talent and take pride in it.

Everybody has something they are good at--find it and improve on it. Whether it's writing, making music or cooking, embrace your skills and be proud of your talent. It makes you unique and that much more memorable.

4. Be passionate.

Put your heart and soul into everything you do. Don't half-heartedly do something because you will never know your full potential otherwise. I promise that if you work harder on something, you will be prouder of the finished product.

5. Have courage and be kind.

What is the point in being rude for no reason? Have a heart and be kind. Empathize with others and be the bigger person. Who cares about revenge? Be the best you can be.

6. Your beliefs are worth standing up for.

Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. You should listen to others but have your own set of morals. Don't let people walk all over you just because you're too nice. You have a right to have your own beliefs and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

7. Nobody's perfect.

Yes, we all know nobody is perfect but this song was an anthem during its time and is true. We all make mistakes and everything will work out in the end. Don't expect to be perfect on the first try because you can't learn without making mistakes.

8. Take chances.

Step out of your comfort zone and see what you really can accomplish. When you truly set your heart and mind on something, nobody can stop you. Do something out of the ordinary and you'll be surprised what you can achieve.

9. Keep dreaming.

Keep dreaming those big dreams! Nobody ever made it to space thinking about getting out of the house. Big dreams give you room for big achievements and big changes. Work hard to accomplish your big dreams.

10. A little music never hurt anybody.

Music makes everything better, honestly. I just need an official background soundtrack to my life filled with all my favorite songs.

11. Screw the status quo.

Society does not define you. Just because society says you need to be some way does not mean you have to be. It can be difficult to go against society, but countries never got their independence by following the rules.

12. Cherish your family but don't be afraid to change traditions.

Your family knows best most of the time but let them know how you feel. Tell them about your happinesses and sorrows. Include them in your life because they brought you into this world and they at least have the right to know about you. Let them know what you believe in and that you will stand up for those beliefs.

13. Strive to be better.

Nobody ever got anywhere without working harder. Strive to be the better version of yourself. This does not mean that you need to change to fit others' standards, but work on yourself to improve your own qualities. Make your weaknesses your strengths and prove to yourself and others that you won't back down from a challenge.

Disney continues to teach us important morals and lessons--not just for children, but for adults as well. I hope that some day we can accept others just as easily as The Circus Bugs or challenge society like Pocahantas. But until then, I guess I'll just aim for the second star on the right and keep dreaming.