13 Texts Girls Send Guys, Decoded

13 Texts Girls Send Guys, Decoded

We may seem cryptic... but that's probably because we're trying to be.

1756
13 Texts Girls Send Guys, Decoded
Understanding Relationships

It's no mystery – girls don't understand guys, and guys don't understand girls. It would be so nice to have a how-to guide when it comes to deciphering what each of us says to one another.

As a girl, I thought I could give a little insight into that, at least from our side. We may seem cryptic... but that's probably because we're trying to be.

1. *Texts you first*

Meaning: It took me approximately twenty minutes to pluck up the courage to send this message. I'm still scared waiting for you to answer, but I'm super proud of myself for getting this far. (Please answer soon.)

2. "Hey"

Meaning: Hey, a simple greeting to initiate conversation.

3. "Heyy"

Meaning: I want to talk to you, so I'm going to show my interest with an extra "y."

4. "Heyyy"

Meaning: I really want to talk to you, but I may have overdone it. There also might be alcohol involved.

5. "Idk"

Meaning: Depending on the context, I mostly likely definitely know, I just don't want to tell you.

6. "Kk"

Meaning: A friendly substitute for "okay," a confirmation of what was just asked or said.

7. "K"

Meaning: Still a confirmation but nothing to be suspicious about. I'm probably in a hurry or can't talk at the moment; I probably don't mean anything by it.

8. "K."

Meaning: Definitely not a confirmation; beware of this text. You're in deep doo-doo.

9. "I'm fine"

Meaning: Once again, depending on the context, I'm most likely not fine and I want you to figure out what's wrong without badgering me or ignoring the fact that something's wrong (even though I just told you I'm fine).

10. *Receives compliment* "Nooo, stop it!"

Meaning: Don't stop, keep telling me these nice things because I don't think of myself the same way.

11. *Double texts*

Meaning: I'm upset/worried that you stopped answering, so I'm going to text you a second (or even third) time because I'm convinced: A) you haven't seen my first text, B) you accidentally opened my text and forgot to answer, or C) you aren't answering on purpose so I'm going to try one last time to get your attention before giving up.

12. *Answers immediately*

Meaning: I've been waiting for your text for a while, so I was super excited, glad, and relieved to see your name pop up in my notifications. At the same time, I'm afraid that if I don't answer fast enough, I'll have to wait for your reply for another X amount of minutes.

13. *Takes a while to answer*

Meaning: You took a while to text me, so I am going to take at least the same amount of time to answer you. I don't want to seem too eager and scare you away, so I'm going to take my sweet time and play hard-to-get. But please be aware that it sucks having so many pauses in between our conversation; I just want to talk to you.

Nine times out of ten, girls are a little backward and may mean (or not mean) the exact opposite of what we say. However, my advice to know what a girl means when she's texting you is to ask her. Duh.