The 13 Steps Of Procrastination Told Through GIFS

You're probably doing this right now

112

Whether it is doing homework or writing a paper, everyone avoids doing what they are supposed to. There always seems to be a pattern of procrastination, no matter who you are. You might find yourself following these 13 steps of avoiding an important task.

1. Check your phone

Before I get started, I have to check social media. I'll look to see what everyone is up to, then I'll be ready to go. You never know when a twitter fight will break out!

2. Change clothes

If I stay in my jeans, I am going to be really uncomfortable. Let me get into some sweatpants and fuzzy socks so I can be nice and comfy when I study.

3. Get a snack

Well, before I really get started I need to grab something to eat -then I'll be focused and ready to go. I cannot sit here and let my stomach growl the whole time, so I might as well get ahead of the game.

4. Watch Netflix

In order to be fully focused, I have to know what happens between these two characters. I only have like two more episodes of this season anyways... might as well finish it!

5. Play with your pet

But look at how cute my baby is! Let me go take a selfie with him real quick, then there will be no more distractions.

6. Take a nap

In order to be truely, 100% focused, I better go ahead and nap now so I am at my best when I go to study. I will wake up refreshed and ready to go!

7. Text your friend for "help"

Hold up, I do not get this; I better text my BFF so I know what I am doing before I get started. Wait- I have to tell her what happened in third period first...

8. Look on Pinterest

Oh, I was looking at the cutest little fairy lights the other day; let me pull those up before I forget about them! How did people survive without this?!

9. Reorganize your room

I wonder what my bed would look like by the window. You know, I have been meaning to rearrange some things- I better do that now or else it is going to bother me.

10. Daydream

I wonder what my crush is doing right now. I better wear something cute to impress him... but at the same time, I really want to wear sweatpants. Oh- I could wear those leggings that make me look good! Ugh, but I bummed it today and yesterday...

11. Turn on some music

Okay seriously, let me just play my song real quick- I will dance out the nerves and then I will be good to go for real this time.

12. Try a new hairstyle

For real, I'm just going to put my hair up in a cute way then it will be out of my face and I can focus. There was that one cute hairstyle on Pinterest I can try!

13. Give up

Forget it, I will do it later.