13 Songs To Bring Out Your Inner Edgy Teenager

Throwback to middle school anthems
11742

Middle school was the time for emo/edgy anthems. Now it's 2017, and I'm here to remind all our inner edgy teenagers about songs we used to (and maybe still do) worship.

1. "Welcome To The Black Parade" ~ My Chemical Romance

The best way to start such a list is of course with the song that every edgy teen had (and still has) memorized. MCR may have broken up four years ago, but we'll never forget them.

2. "Scars" ~ Papa Roach

I'm only slightly embarrassed to discuss how many times I've rocked out to this song, and I'm only referring to last week.

3. "Hate Me" ~ Blue October

I first heard this song on the radio in fourth grade, and, for some reason, absolutely fell in love with it. Of course, at the time I was only hearing it on the radio, so it was the censored version. As a fourth grader who didn't know they drop the F-Bomb at some point, I was really confused when my music teacher looked so shocked when I said how much I loved it and knew every word.

4. "Misery Business" ~ Paramore

What teenage girl didn't know all the words to this one? I still remember Rock Band sessions at sleepovers with middle school besties as we all jammed out together.

5. "Thnks fr th Mmrs" ~ Fall Out Boy

Ah, the good ol' days before FOB went on a nine year hiatus and left us all hanging.

6. "Bring Me To Life" ~ Evanescence

Holy crap how did I forget to mention this one until now? I still remember watching the music video for this and being so confused by what was going on.

7. "Caraphernelia" ~ Pierce The Veil

Maybe this one isn't everyone's favorite, but it was my first PTV song so it will always be special to me.

8. "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" ~ Green Day

I don't think there was a single person in my middle school that didn't know this one.

9. "Fat Lip" ~ Sum 41

Okay, I'll be honest - I threw this one in in hopes my friend, Emma, reads this. She definitely gets the prize for knowing all the words and being able to perform the minute it starts playing.

10. "Revenge" ~ Plain White T's

This song may have come out in 2005, but I didn't discover it until my sophomore year of high school. Either way, it quickly became another favorite of mine.

11. "In The End" ~ Linkin Park

Let's be honest - this song was more than just a song. It's now the basis of so many terrible musical puns.

12. "Creep" ~ Radiohead

This is another song I discovered years after it's release (mainly because I wasn't alive in 1993), but it's still one I enjoy today.

13. "Do It Now Remember It Later" ~ Sleeping With Sirens

Ahh, my very first SWS song. I remember hearing this and thinking it was the most badass thing ever to sing about how you'll do whatever you want whenever you want. Yeah, I was an easily impressed child.