13 Signs You're Dating A Music Major

13 Signs You're Dating A Music Major

If they don't have rehearsal, then they are practicing.

53
13 Signs You're Dating A Music Major

Dating in college can sometimes be stressful. You're both working towards your career goals and can get swept up in homework and classes, but you somehow always find time for each other. Whether it's studying together, doing homework, or just lounging around campus, you always find time for one another. However, my relationship can sometimes get complicated because I'm dating a music major, and if you're like me, here's some signs you might be dating one too.

1. Sorry babe, I have rehearsal.

This is the big one. The time you spend with them is very limited with how many rehearsal's they have for their major. Want to hang out with them? You'll have to wait till at least 11 at night.

2. They ask you how to do their Music Theory homework

Because yes, I would know how to do that. But apparently, some parts look more like math than music notes.

3. Constant humming

No matter where they are, they are always humming one of their pieces, and by the end of the day, you'll know the piece too.

4. They make beats out of everything

Whether they're driving, eating, or sitting down watching a movie with you, they're always moving their hands in some kind of beat and rhythm, and they'll probably tap out a couple beats on you too.

5. They go to bed after you and wake up before you

They're up late doing homework or practicing, and then they're up bright and early to do it all again.

6. Sheet Music EVERYWHERE

It seems that wherever you step or turn, there is a piece of sheet music lying around. I even sit down and end up sitting on a piece of sheet music.

7. Dates are always short

And they're limited too.

8. They're always dressed up

Because it's like they always have some meeting, recital, or teaching lesson.

9. They know how to play multiple instruments

And they let you know it too! They're constantly practicing every chance they get, whether it's playing a couple tunes on the piano, banging on drums, or tooting their horns. There are most likely different kinds of instruments laying around as well.

10. You go to concerts quite often.

It seems that they have a concert every week, or at least once a month, so you find yourself constantly getting dressed up to go to one of their concerts. (Half the time, you don't really know what's going on either, but you do it because you love them).

11. They never have Money

But in the off chance that they do, they either spend it on some kind of food item (mine is pizza) or caffeine so that they can stay up and practice.

12. Their Whole Life is Scheduled

"Oh you want to go get lunch? Sorry, that's not in today's schedule. I'll try to pencil that in for next week"

13. Who is Bach?

Or if it's not Bach, it's some other kind of composer that they are talking about and you have no idea who they are, but you'll know everything about them by the time they're finished talking.

At the end of the day though, you wouldn't trade your significant other for anything else, even if they do have an overbearing and stressful major!