13 reasons Why: Season 2

13 reasons Why: Season 2

The Last Episode Should be Aired

22
13 reasons Why: Season 2

Personally, I think the show needed to be aired. Being someone who has openly admitted to being suicidal at a point in her life this show helped. I would never have admitted to that if I didn't watch season one. Honestly, the graphics in season one were brutal also but no one ever complained about having the show canceled then. There were so many triggers from suicide in season one and it hurt me to watch much less the last episode where Hannah Baker slit her wrists. Yes, season two was way more graphic but that episode right there is how you know what season three will be about. Bullying happens all the time and I do not think anyone can say they have never taken part in it. Yes having a girl slit her wrists may not be worse than seeing someone have a broom shoved somewhere it shouldn't but we also must remember that we are watching something that may not happen where you are from. Personally, to me, the slitting of Hannah's wrists will always be worst than the Tyler episode. Guys, it's a show and it is there to help us talk through what happens and what we go through so it does not consume our futures. Just like in the show our parents and teachers do not always know what's going on and even when they do, there isn't much they do. Those kids were told to stay away from Tyler as was Bryce Walker told to stay away from Jessica, but they did not listen because bullies never do. I think that episode is something great for teachers to see, just because you have a "no contact contract" doesn't mean it'll help.

The Warning Signs

I know everyone saw the warning sign at the beginning of each episode that says "The following episode contains scenes that some viewers may find disturbing and /or may not be suitable for younger audiences, including graphic depictions of violence and suicide. Viewer discretion is advised," but did anyone see the warning signs Tyler gave off? Tyler showed so many signs of harm and everyone let it pass. Did you see how happy he got shooting guns with Cyrus? Did you hear him say "I have more"? Did anyone catch where he got so excited doing things to the school, the field, the students who hurt him back? Those are signs and I honestly doubt many people saw them. Cyrus was his best friend and he saw signs, but never reported them. Tyler finally came back to school and his girl was with someone new and Cyrus had given up on him. Season 3 will most likely be about a school shooting, luckily Clay Jensen was a good enough friend to stop Tyler from doing any harm the night of the dance. Tyler was so happy to be back at school, yet after the bathroom incident he had no more emotions after what happened to him in the bathroom and his mom never noticed.

There is nothing wrong with that episode and you are warned before watching it. Quite honestly that is something everyone should have seen coming. Yes, the broom was uncalled for, can we change that now? No, but remember these are just actors trying to portray what happens every day that no one notices. Maybe just maybe this show can help lower suicide rates, lower teenage rape rates, lower bullying and put an end to school shootings.