13 Quotes From How I Met Your Mother To Get You Through The Rest Of The Semester

It's going to be legen... wait for it... dary!
302

How I Met Your Mother is one of my favorite shows ever (well, it's one of my favorite shows ever when I ignore the fact that the series finale exists). I watch reruns when I'm sad or sick, too bored or too tired, and every time, I fall in love with the show again. I love the ridiculous stories, the long-running bits, and the inside jokes that the group has. The semester is long and life can sometimes be hard, so here's some advice from the HIMYM gang to get you through.

1. "Any decision you make after 2 AM is not a good one." - Ted, Episode 1.18

2. "Everyone comes with baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack." - Ted, Episode 5.23

3. "If you're not scared, then you're not taking a chance. If you're not taking a chance, then what the hell are you doing anyway?" -Ted, Episode 5.1

4. "So really the biggest mistake would be not to make that mistake because then you’ll go your whole life not knowing if something was a mistake or not." -Lily, Episode 1.21

5. "If you keep giving up on people so quickly, you’re gonna miss out on something great." -Robin, Episode 1.8

6. "Look, you can’t design your life like a building. It doesn’t work that way. You just have to live it… and it’ll design itself." -Lily, Episode 4.24

7. "There are a lot of little reasons why the big things in our lives happen." -Ted, Episode 4.22

8. "Because sometimes even if you know how something’s gonna end that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the ride." -Ted, Episode 2.14

9. "That’s life, you know, we never end up where you thought you wanted to be." -Marshall, Episode 3.17

10. "You can’t just skip ahead to where you think your life should be." -Lily, Episode 5.20

11. "The future is scary, but you can't just run back to the past because it's familiar. Yes, it's tempting, but it's a mistake." -Robin and Barney, Episode 6.24

12. "Sometimes we search for one thing but discover another." -Barney, Episode 3.14

13. "Whatever you do in this life, it's not legendary unless your friends are there to see it." -Barney, Episode 9.17

So go out into the world! Do your best on your midterms and beyond. And whatever happens, just remember...it can't be worse than the HIMYM series finale.