13 Poetic Lyrics of January

13 Poetic Lyrics of January

Some words to give you some inspiration.

16
13 Poetic Lyrics of January
Unsplash

Happy New Year!

I've spent the majority of my first winter break in college playing Just Dance, writing, and listening to a lot of music. During my time messing around with my playlists, I was reminded of something that had come up in one of my poetry classes: that often we find beauty in things we don't really understand. That resonated with me because I realized many of the songs I find beautiful and the songs that inspire me have ambiguous or multi-meanings. I've decided to share some of those, because I realize written they look like poetry. I won't elaborate on any of them, because I want them to speak for themselves. I'll include a link to the song and the time the lyrics appear or first appear in the song. May your 2017 be incredible, and full of joy and life!

1. “Are you going to age with grace? Are you going to leave a path to trace?” Oblivion by Bastille at 2:34

2. “I’m a mess and you’re worse.” One of THOSE Nights by The Cab at 1:03

3. “I was a billion little pieces until you pulled me into focus. Astronomy in reverse, it was me who was discovered.” Venus by Sleeping At Last at 1:58

4. “I had a fire, passion and desire. Now all I require are circuits and wires. Inside was an ocean of soul and emotion. Then, you cut me open. Now all that I know is I am a robot.” iRobot by Jon Bellion at 0:55

5. “Saw your face and got inspired.” Like I Would by ZAYN 0:30

6. “Is it all about the fortune and fame? Would you care if they scream my name? If they did I’d still feel the same.” Famous by Nathan Sykes at 1:21

7. “Our questions ricochet like broken satellites: How our bodies born to heal, become so prone to die?” Mars by Sleeping at Last at 1:29

8. “Felled in the night by the ones you think you love, they will come for you.” Daniel in the Den by Bastille at 0:42

9. “When you say ‘you won’t forget me,’ I can tell you that’s untrue, because every day since you left me I’ve thought less and less of you.” Changing of the Seasons by Two Door Cinema Club 1:40

10. “Lost ‘till you’re found, swim ‘till you drown, know that we all fall down. Love ‘till you hate, strong ‘till you break, know that we all fall down.” All Fall Down by OneRepublic at 1:52

11. “I have won and I have lost, I got it right sometimes and sometimes I did not. Life’s been a journey: I’ve seen joy, I’ve seen regret but you have been my God through all of it.” Through All of It by Colton Dixon at 1:47

12. “I’ll come around if you ever want to be in love.” If You Ever Want to Be in Love by James Bay at 0:50

13. “If you talk enough sense then you’ll lose your mind.” I Found by Amber Run 0:18