13 Pieces of Advice From Taylor Swift Quotes

Who knew her words could be just as inspirational as her music?

352
http://d1ya1fm0bicxg1.cloudfront.net/2016/07/promoted-media-optimized_5776958789d99.jpg

We all know how the stages of going through anything, especially a breakup or any other type of heartbreak: Step one is denial, but step 2 is listen to some Taylor Swift songs. It is just something magical about the way she mixes all of this advice and humor into some really good music. Okay, well, at least I think it is good music, but I've also been a huge fan since her first album came out. Anyway, who ever knew that some of her quotes that aren't found in her music are equally as helpful and comforting? I sure didn't! So here are 13 quotes from Taylor Swift. Some are common, some aren't, but they are all great pieces of advice.

1.

This is something that I try to live by on a daily basis, so I thought it should come first. Especially after all of the terrible things that have been on the news lately, I think it is safe to say that the world needs a little more love and kindness. If each and every one of us were just a little kinder, and a little more loving, the world would be just that much better of a place. Either way, I think being good to people is the best way to feel good about yourself, inspire others to be better people and get a little good karma along the way.

2.

Although this quote may not seem like advice at first, really think about it. If there is one thing that drives my weirdness its definitely trying to be my own person. Sure, there may be some people out there that are just average, and that's okay, but how are we ever going to stand out as people if we are just average? Just remember, no one ever made history for it. I think that uniqueness is the perfect personality trait and one I strive to have myself, as well.

3.

I think we all know by now, especially with the internet, that people out there are just plain mean. I think what Taylor is trying to say here is that we can't let that get to us. We know ourselves better than anyone, and we don't deserve to let other people, especially those who don't know us, tell us who we are. Live to make yourself happy, and let the only opinions count be from those who matter.

4.

This quote really hit me hard. I feel like we as people always think about regretting things we said, but the regret of not saying something is just as present. I think that although you should always think before you speak if you truly feel you need to say something, say it . Don't live in fear of what might happen because you got something off your chest that felt right. If it feels right to you, go for it.

5.

I think this one really speaks for itself. In a world full of people trying to meet expectations, whether it be from parents, society, friends, etc., we really need to remember to find ourselves and be ourselves. If you are constantly hiding behind a facade of someone you're not, eventually you will lose who you really are, and from there its very difficult to get it back.

6.

We can't change the past, and no matter how hard we try, we can't predict the future, so make yourself happy right now. Be thankful for what you have, build up your empire, and just be happy for where you are in life. Because living in the past and worrying about the future only takes from the present.

7.

Sure, everyone may have a bad day every once in a while, but we all need to take the time to make ourselves happy and be happy. We need to look at the good within ourselves and be happy with ourselves. Loving who you are is the key to finding happiness.

8.

This quote is something that I have to remind myself of often because I hate giving up on anything . We all just have to remember that if something isn't worth holding onto, especially if it's hurting us, we have to find the strength to let go and move on. It doesn't make you a bad person for not trying, it means you gave it your all and decided it wasn't what you were meant to do, and thats okay.

9.

I think this goes along with some of the previous quotes. Remember how important it is to be yourself and be unique, and don't let anyone change that, especially yourself.

10.

We all have fears, and that's okay! We just need to learn that we can't live in fear our whole lives. We need to go out there and do the things that scare us the most and grow from them. We need to live.

11.

This one right here is one of my biggest motivators in life. Just look at all of those people who have hurt you in the past and turn it into one big reason to succeed. Don't let the pain from your past, regardless of who caused it, destroy who you should be. Go out there and do great things in spite of every reason you shouldn't.

12.

This applies to anyone who may be in your life. Never let a guy, a girl, a friend, or a family member keep you from being who you really are. And if they are: they aren't worth it. Even if they aren't doing it on purpose, sometimes we have to let go of people so we can learn to do things and grow on our own. Sure, it may suck, but in the end, it will all be worth it.

13.

This is another huge motivator for me. I absolutely hate it when people try to tell me what I'm capable of. Sure, sometimes they may be right, but I'm the only person who has the right to decide that. In fact, I have done many things I never thought I could have or would have wanted to just because someone said I couldn't or wouldn't.Don't let people convince you that you aren't good enough, but do let that be your motivation to be successful at things you never even dreamed of.