13 Completely Mindless Things To Do After Finals

Anything but more studying.

245

During finals season, there isn’t really much time to do anything but study, take your finals, sleep (hopefully), and study some more. The grind does not stop. You know you’re getting close to the end when you only have one or two finals left to take, and you’re starting to daydream about doing absolutely nothing. If you’re in the daydreaming stage of finals week, it’s time to start thinking about what kind of mindless things you’re going to do once you’re FINAL-ly free from the endless mental chore of taking exams.

1. Build a cootie catcher. Our favorite elementary school pastime! You’re never too old for those bad boys. The best cootie catchers I’ve personally made have been relating to self-care activities.

2. Go shopping for a new fidget spinner. They really help if you’re prone to picking your nails. Who cares if fidget spinners are last year’s meme?

3. Make a playlist for each year of your life that you remember. Load them up with old classics like Party in the USA, Tik Tok, and of course, some sadder 2000's hits by Howie Day and O.A.R.

4. Learn how to knit or crochet. It may be a little warm for scarves, but it’s not too early to start making Christmas gifts. Once you get the hang of it, knitting is actually a very relaxing way to unwind after finals season.

5. Binge watch an old favorite. iCarly, Spongebob, Suite Life, or a few ancient VeggieTales video cassettes!

6. Cook something without a recipe. Just play it by ear and add whatever ingredients make you hungry. If the result is horrifying, well, at least you had fun.

7. Color. Adult coloring books are everywhere, and they’re a really great way to waste some time or calm yourself down if you’re feeling anxious.

8. Look through a baby name book. Find out what your name (and your friends’ names) really mean. You might be surprised.

9. Take some Buzzfeed quizzes. Which slice of bread represents your love life? Quizzes are mindless AND addicting.

10. Stare at a wall in the dark until you start seeing things. If you love horror and you’re a creative type, you might enjoy what your mind starts coming up with alone in the dark. It’s not a great stress reliever, though.

11. Go through old photos. Whether you have albums or just pictures on your phone or computer, it’s always fun to see how you’ve grown through the years.

12. See what cool stuff you can find at Spencer’s. That store has some pretty cool stuff, especially if you head towards the back.

If all else fails, you can always go with the tried-and-true…

13. Take a nap.