13 Bob Goff Quotes That Will Change The Way You Live

“Words can launch us. We don't need to be a dean to say words that change everything for someone. Instead, God made it so that ordinary people like you and me can launch each other.”

16905

Bob Goff is the New York Times Best-Selling author of "Love Does," founder of Restore International, lawyer, professor, husband, father and friend. But his most important identity is one we all share — child of God. Everyone has specific gifts granted to them and choosing words that impact people just happens to be one of his. Bob inspires people to live life to its fullest and to love people in the way that Jesus loved His friends. Whether it is through his book or his daily tweets and Instagram posts, his words will leave a lasting impact on your daily life.

It was hard to narrow down this list, but here are my favorite Bob Goff quotes that will change the way you live.

1. “I used to be afraid of failing at something that really mattered to me, but now I'm more afraid of succeeding at things that don't matter."

2. “I used to want to fix people, but now I just want to be with them.”

3. “You don't need a plan; you just need to be present.”

4. “Most people need love and acceptance a lot more than they need advice.”

5. “I used to think you had to be special for God to use you, but now I know you simply need to say yes.”

6. "Give away love like you're made of the stuff; we're rehearsing to spend eternity together."

7. “If we only do what we’re familiar with, we might miss what we’ve been made for.”

8. “Whatever you’re aiming for, God’s better.”

9. “We’re all amateurs when it comes to love. Don’t be too hard on each other.”

10. “While you’re figuring out what God wants you to do next — go love everybody.”

11. “Love everybody, always.”

12. “Do what lasts: get around to everything else.”

13. “Love is never stationary. In the end, love doesn’t just keep thinking about it or keep planning for it. Simply put: love does.”

I had the pleasure of meeting Bob this year, and he is just as awesome in person as he is in his book. If you haven’t read "Love Does," go get a copy ASAP. If books aren’t your thing, go follow Bob on Instagram or Twitter. But most importantly, live life to the fullest every day and in the words of my friend Bob, "Love everybody, always."