12 Ways To Keep Your Sanity When You're Stuck Inside

12 Ways To Maintain Your Sanity If You're Being Considerate And Still Quarantining

This pandemic isn't over yet.

1018

I don't want to point fingers or call anyone out, but it seems as though since the school year came to a close and summer officially started, more and more people began to care less and less about coronavirus (COVID-19).

I understand that eventually you have to get on with your life and cannot live in isolation forever, but people are still dying, cases are still increasing, and COVID is clearly not going anywhere for the time being.

It was somewhat bearable to go through quarantine when everyone was staying at home, but it's hard to know you're one of the only ones still inside these days. It seems as though everyone has returned to reality. Many of us are protecting family members and do not have the choice to break isolation. This situation can be pretty damaging to one's mental health — I know it has been for me. The twelve things below have all helped me maintain a routine and feel productive during these endless days of isolation.

If you also haven't gone out to eat at a restaurant or hung out with friends in 5+ months, here are some tips to keep your mental health in check.

1. Call at least one friend or family member every day. 

2. Take a walk outside (even if it's short) every day. 

3. At night, plan out what you want to accomplish the next day. 

4. Go a few days without social media.  

5. Learn to cook new meals.   

6. Set aside two hours a day (or more) with no technology.  

7. Create a reading schedule with books you've been wanting to read. 

8. Start a new podcast.  

9. If you're bored, go outside (don't stay in bed all day). 

10. Find a DIY project or something you can do in your home (I just repainted all of my furniture). 

11. Purge your closet and house and sell/donate.  

12. Remind yourself that you are doing what is best for society.