12 Ways To Stay Busy This Boston Winter

12 Ways To Stay Busy This Boston Winter

Don't get stuck in the snow!

24
12 Ways To Stay Busy This Boston Winter

After last year's historical nine foot dumping, it's understandable that you aren't quite ready for another snowy assault. As a southerner gearing up for my second Boston winter, I am no exception. Hopefully, the list below will help keep you entertained during these next chilly months.

1. Museums

The MFA is free, the Isabella Stewart Gardener Museum is $5 for students and provides a tropical sanctuary even during the winter.

2. Skate on the Frog Pond.

Tuesdays are college nights and students pay only $2. Normal admission is $5 and skate rentals are $9.

3. Go rock climbing.

Rock Spot Climbing offers a student rate of $14 ($20 with gear) per day and often hands out $5 off coupons at BU events.

4. Watch some hockey.

Beanpot tickets are still available for February 1 and 8 and other BU games are free with ID.

5. Invent a special night of the week.

Whether you celebrate Movie Marathon Monday, Taco Tuesday, Wine Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday, or StirFriday it's an easy way to get all of your friends in one place.

6. Get artsy.

The Paint Bar Boston and Paint Corner Art Bar in Cambridge offer fun group art classes and drinking for only $35.

7. Track down the best hot chocolate in Boston.

Rumor has it that Taza in Somerville takes the gold and it is now open in Boston Public Market.

8. Go sledding!

There are over 40 great hills around Boston.

9. Cook something tasty.

Whether you are comfortable with Pintrest recipes or need more guidance at one of Sur La Table's weekly cooking classes, at least you can emerge from this winter as a better cook.

10. Indoor sightseeing.

The Skywalk Observatory in the Prudential Center offers some of the best views of the city—and it's heated! Admission for students is only $13.

11. Eat!

Boston Restaurant Week is coming back March 16-21 with lunch beginning at only $15 and dinner at $28.

12. Find a fireplace.

While most dorms don't offer working fireplaces, there are tons of cozy spots hidden around Boston. All you need is a book (or homework) and and a comfortable outfit.