12 Tips For Successful Studying

12 Tips For Successful Studying

The UIndy team is here to help you study!

52
12 Tips For Successful Studying
Life Teen

Now that school is back in session, the University of Indianapolis Odyssey team is back with our weekly listicles! To kick off the semester, we compiled a list of our best study tips to hopefully help anyone who is struggling.

1. Kayla

"Get a planner and actually use it or else you will miss something."

2. Maia

"Each day, I make a list of all the assignments I need to have done by the end of the day. Making the assignment load look more manageable and being able to cross them off when I'm done help me to continue to be productive."

3. Bryson

"When studying or doing homework, turn off anything that may distract you, like your phone."

4. Elizabeth

"Rewrite your notes that you took in class. With the repetition, you retain the information better. And you can put it in your own words so you can understand it more easily when you read it back."

5. Kate

"Always study with a group because they might have notes that you missed during class or understand the material better than you do."

6. Sydney

"Figure out what works best for you. I personally work better with classical music playing, and some people work better in complete silence. Some people can't work in their dorm rooms, and others work best there. It's all about what works best personally."

7. Hallie

"Color code your notes! It makes studying way easier in the end!"

8. Mallory

"Time management. Make an hour by hour schedule of your day/assignments/times to study for the day ahead."

9. Gabrielle

"Keep your syllabus handy, highlight all due dates, and also write them in a planner."

10. Alexis

"My best study tip would be to attend all classes!"

11. Kasandra

"Use a planner, keep your syllabi handy, and find a study place!"

12. Kaitlin

"Keep everything super organized with tabbed and labeled binders so evverything is easily accessible. And keep old quizzes and tests so that when exam time comes around studying isn't so stressful, as you'll have those as a guide."