12 Times Professor McGonagall Was The Greatest Harry Potter Character

We've all got our favorite characters in the Harry Potter universe, but Minerva McGonagall takes the crown when it comes to the all time greatest character.

1434
Google Images

If you've ever read or seen "Harry Potter," you know that Minerva McGonagall is, perhaps, the greatest character in the entire series.

1. I mean, for starters, she actually is pretty fair when it comes to awarding and deducting house points from Gryffindor, which is more than you can say for many other professors.

2. From day one she completely messes with Harry and Ron, who are of course late to their first class with Professor McGonagall. What other professors would think to sit at the front of the class as a cat and watch the scared and confused first years struggle to figure out how the class is going to work?

3. Alliteration at its finest, with the classic McGonagall sass and flair, of course.

4. There's the time McGonagall ripped her companions a new one as they all began arguing and reducing Harry to nothing more than an object rather than a young boy.

5. Professor McGonagall was never oblivious to all the trouble that constantly followed Harry, Hermione, and Ron, but never once did she stop loving all three of them as if they were her own family.

6. Nobody hates anyone in the Harry Potter series more than the Pink Queen of Hell herself, Dolores Umbridge. McGonagall is no exception to loathing the woman, and, unlike most, she was not afraid to call Umbridge out and stand up for Trelawney.

7. Let's remember how she was not afraid to say Voldemort's name like literally every single other wizard was.

8. Can we talk about what is maybe one of the sassiest scenes McGonagall has? This might be one of the only times Umbridge shuts up in the entire series.

9. McGonagall is one of the few people to call Gilderoy out when he can hardly tell one end of his wand from the other. Called out on his b.s. much?

10. There's the beautiful duel between McGonagall and Snape. Fun fact, the scene almost was changed in the movie to be fought between Harry and Snape, but writer J. K. Rowling fought for McGonagall to fight the battle like she had written it in the book.

11. I'm pretty sure we all lost count of how many times she called out Harry and Ron.

12. And last, but most certainly not least, the iconic "have a biscuit, Potter" scene. McGonagall makes it sound like she is going to reprimand Harry, but, instead, she throws everyone in a loop and offers him a biscuit instead. Mic drop number 216 for Minerva McGonagall.

And there you have it. Twelve times that Professor McGonagall proved to us all that she is the greatest character in the Harry Potter series. It's like J.K. herself once said, "the stories that we love best do live in us forever," and, to each of us, McGonagall will forever live on inside our hearts.