12 Times Leslie Knope Was A Strong Female Role-Model

Pawnee's most influential woman.

187
www.salon.com

Leslie Knope captured our hearts when she first fell down the pit in the pilot of "Parks and Recreation." It did not take long for her to prove to us that she is the ideal role-model for girls everywhere. Here are 12 examples of how she proved herself to be an important female role-model.

1. When she never let anyone take her less seriously due to the fact that she's a woman.

2. The time she made you want to be a Pawnee Goddess.

--Even the boys begged to join her troop.

3. The times she reminded you to never take your girlfriends for granted.

4. That time she spent an entire day on a garbage truck to prove that a woman could be just as efficient as a garbage man at the job,

--Obviously, she was right, and women were hired by waste management.

5. When she reminded you who your true female role models should be.

6. The times she always slayed us with her work ethic.

7. But that work is not the most important thing in the world.

8. When she never worried about calories or body image.

--Girlfriend ate those waffles without a single fret.

9. The time she spent being the only female on City Council.

--She never let that council full of men intimidate her.

10. When she always had an incredible amount of self-confidence.

11. Every time that she reminded us about her true goals and dreams.

--She made you want to strive for more than what society expects for girls.

12. Lastly, she taught us you can always keep a positive attitude, even after taking a tumble.

Remember that no matter what situation we are in, Leslie taught us to be strong, independent women who love our bodies and take no discrimination for being born with lady-parts.