12 Times '80s Movies Described The Stereotypes Of Going To An All-Girl's School

We are real people, too, I promise

282

Going to an all-girls, private school, I often hear remarks, and stereotypes from people around me. There are definitely many differences between going to a co-ed, public school and a same-gender, private school. But there are also many similarities between the two. I mean, just because I go to an all-girls school, doesn't mean I am a different species. We are the same as everyone else. And we definitely don't think we are better than you. Furthermore, the '80s was probably one of the best decades, and personally it was my favorite (even though I didn't get to live through it). Everything seemed more real back then, and nobody was afraid of what to say. So here are some stereotypes that are thrown at people who go to an all-girls school, according to the '80s.

1. We are all lesbian.

Not all of us are. Just because we go to an all-girls school, doesn't mean we don't like guys.

2. We are very cliquey.

We're not. At all. We are all one big family, and we know every little thing about each other.

3. We care about our appearance -- a lot.

You're lucky if you see any makeup on us, or with brushed hair.

4. There is always drama.

Correction. There is never drama. Like ever.

5. Salad is the only food we eat.

You are more likely to see us shoving pizza into our face.

6. We don't know how to talk to guys.

If anything, we over-talk to guys.

7. We don't socialize with boys.

We do, we really do, but if you want to hit us up, feel free.

9. We all aspire to be nuns.

Just because we go to a Catholic school, doesn't mean we all dream of being nuns.

10. We have weird traditions.

This one is actually true. But nobody gets them, not even us.

11. We are all boring and stuck-up.

We all have respect for each other, and we know when to have fun too.

12. The school is run by nuns, who beat us with rulers and belts.

Really? You really think that happens? Just go home.