12 Things You Should Know About A Sagittarius

It’s Sagittarius Season baby!!

4792
wikimedia

I know that many people think horoscopes and zodiac signs are kind of trippy and “out there” but I’ve found that most of the time they are right on the money, whether you want to believe in them or not.

Many zodiac websites will go into detail describing the personalities and characteristics of each sign. For the most part, I think these sites are accurate in their depiction of my zodiac. So, here are 12 things you should know about a Sagittarius.

1. We are optimistic to a fault.

Yeah, sometimes things are less than ideal, but you know what?! It’s all going to be just fine, and there’s no point dwelling on the negative. Move on. Get over it, or get out.

2. Filters. We don’t have them.

We say what we feel, and are always honest. There’s no misunderstanding us because we’ll tell you exactly how we feel about something. Personally, even if I am able to restrain myself from saying something I shouldn’t, I do not possess a poker face, so my feelings show through regardless.

3. Humor is our love language.

If you have a good sense of humor, you are already gaining points with us. As my spirit animal, Chandler Bing once said, “I’m not great at the advice. May I interest you in a sarcastic comment?” We never take ourselves too seriously. If you can joke with us, you can roll with us.

4. I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T… Do you know what that means?!

Rapper Webbie said it best. “She got her own house, she got her own car.” Do not expect us to rely on anyone for something we can do ourselves. Clingy-ness is not attractive. Don’t be that guy.

5. Our Wanderlust cannot be quenched.

We want to explore the globe from one side to the other. A sense of adventure is just inherent for a Sagittarius. We want to travel, and meet people, and see the world!!

6. Intuition is kind of our thing.

It’s kind of a superpower because we can read people like a book. We are an excellent judge of character and can get a good sense of who someone is at their core, seeing qualities in people that others may miss. Our Bullsh*t detector is flawless. Honesty is our policy. If you’re lying, we can tell. We have no patience for that. It’s #ByeFelicia to all the liars.

7. We give way more than we take.

Look, everyone is selfish in certain respects, but a Sagittarius always tries to put others first. We will go completely out of our way to help someone out and ask nothing in return. But, if we’re always giving to someone, and they only take, and never reciprocate, we’re not going to have room for them in our life. End of story. It’s exhausting to deal with people who are consumed with themselves, and it gets really old, really fast.

8. We are BOLD.

We are ambitious. We are stubborn. We are always thinking ahead. We have extraordinary strength and can handle more difficulty than the average person. We aren’t afraid to take risks. Never underestimate a Sagittarius.

9. Don’t mess with us.

After all, we are a fire sign, and fiery, we are. Here’s the thing, Sagittarius are very chill about many things. It takes A LOT to get under our skin, so if we are upset about something, it’s because it’s bad. Fire signs are not to be messed with, and make no mistake, we will absolutely stand up for ourselves if wronged. We are extremely forgiving, and big believers in second chances, but by the 10th time, we’re burnt out and over it.

10. Loyal

We are loyal to a fault. We will go out of our way and be there for those we care about through thick and thin, and even past when they deserve it. Consequently, trust is big for us. Once it’s gone, it can’t be earned back.

11. Feelings. Yikes.

We have a lot of feelings and have no idea what to do with them. We don’t like to settle, so unless something feels right, we’re not likely to jump into just any relationship.

12. The desire to be FREE.

There’s just an inherent instinct to be free. Maybe it’s a control issue, but a Sagittarius doesn’t want to be controlled. We want to go where we want and be who we want, and if anyone tries to stop us, our instinct is to run. We like spontaneity, and if we want to drop everything at a moment’s notice and do something, we want that option.