12 Things To Give Up For Lent

12 Things To Give Up For Lent

Sundays don't count, right?
45

The most wonderful time of year is upon us: Lent and Easter season! Okay, so most people wouldn't call it "the most wonderful time of year." No one likes going meatless every Friday, giving up something they love for 40 days and attending a crowded church on Sunday morning.

Except me. I love it. Easter is my favorite holiday, and Lent is a very exciting time because it means Easter is right around the corner! It's an opportunity to better yourself, to teach yourself how not to be depend on something, or to just challenge yourself. But if you're anything like me, you struggle to come up with something to give up for Lent. So I thought up a list to help us all out.

1. Laying on the floor

We've all sat on the floor to do something "real quick" and all of a sudden found ourselves laying on the floor, in the same position for two (maybe three) hours.

2. Forgetting to grab your laundry out of the machine.

I'm not the only one who does that, right? Right?

3. Getting a salad to be healthy and then drowning it in dressing.

Just get french fries instead!

4. Snapchatting yourself singing your favorite song every time it comes on the radio

"We get it, you like Mr. Brightside." - all of my friends to me.

5. Crying in public.

Maybe you're one of the lucky few who never picked up this habit, but if you're like me, college has broken your spirit and crying in public is almost a weekly occurrence.

6. Deleting social media posts that don't get a lot of attention.

Be proud of your social media failures! It'll make your next post look even better anyway.

7. Trying really hard to eat consciously, then getting too hungry and eating everything at midnight.

How many days have I eaten only a salad and two apples, only to ingest a milkshake, a 10 piece chicken nuggets and a family sized bag of Tostitos at nighttime?

8. Being late.

Stop getting into the shower ten minutes before your friends pick you up for dinner! Stop hitting snooze on your alarm so you don't have to sprint to class and be sweaty in 50 degree weather!

9. Losing everything.

Give Saint Anthony a break, and actually keep track of your keys/wallet/jewelry/t-shirt you swore you just washed but then stuffed somewhere into the depths of your closet.

(For any non-Catholics, Saint Anthony is the patron saint of lost things, and he will help you find things if you pray to him).

10. Watching the same TV shows on Netflix.

I can quote the first two seasons of "That 70's Show" from memory. I have watched "Friends" all the way through two times in the last six months. I'm pretty sure Netflix has stopped suggesting shows for me that aren't the same five I already watch.

11. Quoting TV shows/movies/memes instead of having real conversations.

I'm pretty sure my friends and my conversations are just us quoting other people back and forth until we stop talking altogether.

12. Not being super excited for Easter!

Give up that bad Easter attitude! Get ready to dye some eggs and put on "The Ten Commandments" because it's the most wonderful time of the year, y'all.