12 Things You Forgot You Needed In Your Dorm Room

We've all done it, but you don't have to.

20

We've all done it. We're super pumped to pack for college, arrange our rooms, make our own Pinterest-esque dorm rooms that make everyone else jealous.

However, we always remember things we still need after we're all moved in. Even better, we realize there are things we never even thought we needed.

1. Rugs!

This is one of the main things I completely forgot about moving in this year. Especially if you spend a lot of time in your dorm, walking on a hard wood floor is never super fun. Your feet will ache, and if you're like me and have high arches, you will regret not being prepared. Also, they're cute and fun.

2. A fan

Even if you have air conditioning, this is something beneficial to have. Keep yourself cool, especially in the summer weather. If you are one of those people who loves to sleep in the cold and surround yourself with blankets, then definitely bring a fan.

3. Soap- of all kinds

I forgot dish soap and hand soap my first day after move in. I had to run to the store as soon as I could in order to wash dishes, as well as myself, like the hygienic person I am.

4. Shower curtain

I did not forget one of these, but a lot of people do. Not something you usually think about, because odds are you grew up using the same shower curtain your parents bought when you were a child. But yes, this is important. Don't forget this, or risk flooding your bathroom.

5. Toilet paper

It's necessary. This and paper towels... for reasons that should be obvious.

6. Wipes

Clean your dorm, all the tables, and chairs, as soon as you can when moving in. This furniture hasn't been touched in months most likely, needs to be given a full wash down.

7. Pillows and blankets

It can never hurt to be too comfortable in your own space. Pile those onto your bed like there is no tomorrow- as long as you still have enough room to sit here yourself.

8. Breakfast food

Not everyone likes to run to the cafeteria to get food in the morning before morning classes. So, be prepared and have some great morning meals on hand- granola bars, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, eggs, etc.

9. Small vacuum

Trust me, you will track in more dirt and dust than you realize. Combat that by vacuuming your space every few days!

10. Feminine products

This obviously applies to those of us who identify as female but don't forget your feminine products. Pads, tampon, etc. These are things you might not realize you have forgotten until you absolutely need it. Don't let that happen to you.

11. White board calendar

For those of us who are incredibly busy (me!) then arranging them all in a neat order on a weekly and monthly calendar can keep our lives that much more in order.

12. Coffee maker/tea kettle

If your school allows it, get a tea kettle for the stove, or a coffee pot with an automatic shut off sensor.

These are all things we might forget we need when we're miles and miles away from home. Do yourself a favor and be prepared!