11 Summer Must Have Makeup Products

11 Summer Must Have Makeup Products

What's your go to summer product?

41
11 Summer Must Have Makeup Products
Maybelline

Summer is officially here and if you're like me, you're probably trying to find makeup products that you won't sweat off before you leave the house. Here are my summer 2017 must have makeup products.

1. Tarte Ready, Set Radiant Setting Spray

But why would you want to be radiant during summer? That's what I said too when I got this travel sized setting spray as a free gift at Ulta this summer. But then I tried it and am in love. I have oilier skin, so I tend to stay very far away from anything that says radiant or luminous because I'm afraid of being too oily, but all this spray did was lock in all of my makeup for the entire day. It didn't mattify like my other setting sprays do, but I didn't care because it was a natural luminous look. I'm hooked and will definitely buy the full sized version.

2. Tarte Make Believe in Yourself Palette

I was not going to hop on the unicorn trend train but then this palette went on sale at Ulta so I went into the store to check it out and I had to have it after seeing it in person. The colors are so extremely beautiful and the highlight in the center is gorgeous. It comes with one matte shade and it's a great transition or crease color, I've already used it alone as just a crease color with a nude lid for a natural look. My favorite shade is probably fairy, the purple shade. Plus, the mirror on this palette is fantastic , I use it every day whether I used the palette or not. Great to have over the summer when you're going on vacation and don't want to pack a mirror and a palette.

3. Tarte Sex Kitten Palette

This one came out at least a month ago, but I love Tarte's smaller palettes. The shade sly is perfect for a base on your lid and the shade paw is a great crease shade and adding cunning to the lid gives you a perfect light pinky color to give you just enough color for the summer. You can deepen the look too with the two bottom row shades, a navy and purple-ish brown color to go from day to night. It also comes with a highlighter for your face too, making it convenient to travel with.

4. Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer

I bought this primer after seeing it in a dupe post, the post said it was a dupe for the Smashbox primer. I've never used the Smashbox primer, so I figured I'd try out the cheaper ($6 instead of $36!!!) one instead of the expensive one. I love this primer, my makeup doesn't feel like it's going to slide all over my face like some mattifying or poreless primers make me feel. It made my skin feel soft but not greasy which is super important because my skin gets oily but also gets dry spots so I don't want to make myself oilier when trying to hydrate.

5. Maybelline FitMe Foundation Stick

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F06%2F19%2F636334885179205608-1538467120_2260957%3F%24detail%24&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=147&h=e4c9ae4a2c0e7f8ed80f4fed3e78890850b4898928154031b6ada96fe4440938&size=980x&c=1991905387 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F06%252F19%252F636334885179205608-1538467120_2260957%253F%2524detail%2524%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D147%26h%3De4c9ae4a2c0e7f8ed80f4fed3e78890850b4898928154031b6ada96fe4440938%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1991905387%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

This is the only foundation that I've bought more than twice. I just bought my third or fourth one of these last week and it's my favorite for the summer. You can apply as much or as little as you need or want and the ivory shade in this isn't as dark as the other Maybelline foundations are. You can layer the foundation without it looking cakey to give yourself a fuller coverage.

6. Maybelline Big Shot Mascara

I'm definitely late to the party with this one. I've seen literally every make up artist and YouTuber I follow on Instagram rave about this mascara since before it came out and I finally bought it and I'm in love. The brush doesn't make your lashes clump and does a great job of making your lashes look longer and fuller, plus it comes in a waterproof formula that won't run when you sweat or get wet.

7. Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer

I usually stay away from non-matte liquid lips because I can't stand the sticky finish or when my hair eventually gets stuck on my lip (it happens every time). But this "laquer" is the bomb. It's still glossy but it doesn't transfer, even onto straws or cups when you drink. I bought the shade "Charmer" (pictured) and it's a perfect nude color for summer.

8. Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pencil

These are old news, but they're so pigmented and the colors are so beautiful, I couldn't not mention them. I have four of them, the purple, blue, turqoise and nude colors. The colored ones are perfect for a pop of color and the nude one is wonderful for the waterline to open your eyes up and make you look more awake. If you're going for a natural look, you can also smudge the nude liner for an inner eye highlight without going overboard.

10. Wet n Wild Color Icon Brow Pencil

Brow products and I have an interesting relationship. I have dark brown brows but my hair is light brown and blonde. Most brow products come in soft brown and dark brown and the first is always too light and the second is always too dark. But this Wet n Wild pencil is perfect. It's the "old fashioned" pencil pencil, not just a twist up pencil that gets dull fast. There were only two shades at my WalMart, but I'm sure you could find more at a bigger store (seriously though, the makeup department in the store in my hometown is pretty sad and never full) where they carry more products. The pencil also comes with a spoolie at the end to comb out your brows and soften the pencil. I use the shade "Brunettes do it Better".

11. Airspun Loose Powder

This powder is apparently a legend. I grabbed it while shopping with my mom one day and she knew from the packaging exactly what it was because she used it as a teenager. It smells so good and it's great for wearing alone and setting your cream products. I use the shade "Naturally Neutral" in this powder and it doesn't change the color of my foundation or make my face look cakey.

What's your go-to summer makeup product?