12 Things To Do Over Spring Break This Year

You know, when you aren’t working or doing the homework teachers so cruelly assign.

7
editions.lib.umn.edu

Spring Break will be here in a matter of days, and we are all ready to collapse onto our pillow-laden beds and wake up three days later. However, what are you going to do with those leftover days before break ends? Here are a few ideas to keep your break full of excitement:

1. Bake something new.

Try making donuts at home, or maybe this Maple Belgian Waffle Cake. OMG.

2. Watch all the Tina Fey and/or Amy Poehler movies.

Or just watch Parks and Rec and 30 Rock. Or both.

3. Try to DIY something you’ve pinned on Pinterest.

Emphasis on something, not things. If you think you’re going to complete every project you’ve liked, I guarantee that you will look at your 500+ pin board, stare at it for two minutes, and close your laptop and take a nap instead. START SMALL.

4. Buy something from ban.do.

They’re my favorite brand, so just do it.

5. Go on a road trip.

Drive to the biggest city near you, or if you’re already cosmopolitan, step outside! Take advantage of the coolest places near you before the time comes to move out of your parent’s house.

6. Challenge yourself to eat nothing but clean foods for the whole break.

Just kidding. Go eat a cookie.

7. Go to the library.

Read those books that have been piling up during the semester.

8.Help somebody else.

You don’t have to formally volunteer if that’s not your thing, but check to see if those neighbors need help moving in, or if there’s anything your grandparents need done around the house.

9. Choreograph a dance.

You might be laughing, but I guarantee you aren’t having as much fun as I am.

10. Clean your room and clear out your closet.

It. Feels. So. GOOD.

11. Try a new workout routine.

Try Zumba or Hot Yoga. Heck, pull out your old Wii and unlock a new dance routine on Just Dance.

12. Update your resume and get those internships.

Once you’ve cleaned up your resume and written a cover letter, apply, apply, apply. Even if you don’t think you’re gonna get it, it can’t hurt to get your name out there.

Buck up, kiddos! Just a little bit longer (cue the Jonas Brothers) when you get back to campus.