Most of the time we think of ourselves as very nice people, and in reality we usually are. You can consider us a little misunderstood. We say things sometimes that we believe to be funny and we can forget that it does not always come out sounding the best. Those of you who already know what I mean, and know they are a compulsive user of sarcasm, are like me and fine with it. Those of you who deny it, need a little reminder. Here are 12 signs you are a sarcastic asshole.
1. Many times when you say something, you think it's funny but others take it as rude.
2. You tend to come across as condescending... not that you try to, it just happens.
3. You tend to have resting b*tch face... This isn't true for all of us but it is for the majority. For those of you who aren't familiar with resting bitch face, it is when your face just naturally looks p*ssed off. I suffer from this problem...I can't help it, it is just my face.
4. You tend to use phrases like, "Ohhh really?" and "Is that right?" Many times people mistake this as asking a real question when it is really just you being a sarcastic a**hole.
5. You forget to think before you speak sometimes, and it can get you into trouble.
6. When you are being nice to people, they think that you are joking.
7. People can't always tell if you are actually being serious, or just being sarcastic like usual.
8. You find yourself telling people that you are joking when you forget to think twice and something bad comes out of your mouth.
9. The rest of your family may have the same problem, I know mine does.
10. Adding to #9 you/your family tend to laugh at one another's misfortunes. Once I fell down the stairs, landed on my head and they laughed. It's okay though because they make sure to see if you are okay first... most of the time.
11. On bad days you just try and keep your mouth shut, because who knows what would come out of it if you didn't.
12. You connect with other sarcastic people, to the point that sometimes sarcasm is all your conversations consist of.
These are only some of the signs that you may be a sarcastic a**hole. It can be a severe problem and you should try and keep it under control. If you suffer from this aliment then you should probably try and learn to filter what you say. I know this from experience as I suffer from this problem. Sometimes I forget to use my filter and lets just say....it doesn't always work out that great for me. Although we might come off as rude sometimes, underneath the sarcasm there usually is a big teddy bear. Sometimes...not always...sometimes.(: