12 Restaurants In Connecticut To Add To Your Bucketlist This Summer

Because no one can resist dinner with a view.
726

When my college roommate came to visit from Jersey last winter, my best friend from home struck her with a indelible first impression that we still laugh about to this day. She said, "Welcome to Connecticut where the the taxes are high and there's nothing to do." We all got a kick out of her playful wit, but also came to the sad realization that much, but not all, of her statement was true. Yes, Connecticut is one of the top three states in the U.S. with the highest taxes. And yes, getting snowed in for four months like this past winter is enough to make one contemplate moving cross country. However, what a lot of us locals tend to take for granted is all that a quiet, home bound state like ours has to offer. We might not have a city that never sleeps, or a city of eternal sunshine, but we do have beautifully small towns with ages of history behind them, and undeniably breathtaking views across every mountain you pass. Dine with dinner and a view at one of these twelve beautiful venues:

1. L'Escale, Greenwich

2. Millwright's Restaurant & Tavern, Simsbury

3. Fresh Salt, Old Saybrook

4. Red 36, Mystic

5. Rooftop 120, Glastonbury

6. L'Orcio, New Haven

7. Crab Shell, Stamford

8. Abbott's Lobster in the Rough, Noank

9. Oyster Club, Mystic

10. Stonebridge Restaurant, Milford

11. Outriggers, Stratford

12. Restaurant 121, Oxford